Ease up on the designed runs for TT Sunday

Webster Guy

Remember last year near the end of the season when Roman called Tyrod runs more frequently? I was surprised to see Lynn starting up that trend again last game.

TT has taken some major hits these past few weeks, and Lynn needs to back off on the option and designed runs or we're going to lose our qb.

His style of play guarantees he'll be taking hits regardless, and we'll still get plenty of first downs with his legs.

If I were Lynn I'd push Tyrod to stay in the pocket ONE second longer and learn to step up and throw with the proper footing instead of the usual, one read and i'm scrambling then throwing on the run in space. He has solid pocket presence and a good enough line to give him time. The other added bonus for staying in the pocket is the Drew Brees factor--if you slide up in the pocket you usually have less people to see over and clearer look downfield.

Either way he's taking hits, I'd rather see him do it hanging in the pocket and slinging it than running college style option plays that no NFL qb can sustain.

Edited by Webster Guy