A few thoughts about the Bengals Game (BillFromNYC Tribute)

Virgil

You do realize we lost Woods and McCoy in this game too right? Our best players on offense (sad that Woods falls into that category, shows how little offensive weapons we have).

Offense was rolling early and came to a crashing halt after McCoy and Woods got hurt. The utter disregard consistently on this board in regards to the injuries that keep piling up still shocks me. Just like how Cincy losing AJ was a big loss to their offense today. It matters a lot when your playmakers are lost, especially for a team like us that doesn't have many and our game plan was built around those players. I mean our passing game became dependent on Harvin, who is no where near game shape and is fresh off his couch, and Tate who doesn't have good hands and doesn't run good routes. Its very hard to win in todays NFL without your top 2 WRs and your #1 RB and probably overall best offensive player.

I actually think Rex deserves some credit. Coming into this game, this team has been averaging 28 points a game since firing Roman and was one of the top scoring teams in the NFL. And all of that despite not having Sammy, losing OL guys, Woods missing time and playing hurt, McCoy missing time and playing hurt, etc. Teams routinely lose key players every year, but more often than not, those teams losing that many key players finish at the bottom of the NFL, not maintain playoff hopes late in the season and battle for winning records.

I think Taylor played poorly, but I also think this post is spot on. He's gotta hit Clay on that deep route, and he can't make that throw to Goodwin. That said, he's relying on a below average cast, and it's gonna affect his game.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Taylor played poorly, but I also think this post is spot on. He's gotta hit Clay on that deep route, and he can't make that throw to Goodwin. That said, he's relying on a below average cast, and it's gonna affect his game.

Agreed...Taylor definitely doesnt get a pass on some of the missed opportunities, but those plays get magnified when your offense is struggling from a lack of play makers on the field.

They gave up 12 points. Ok so maybe it should have been 14 but still. Hard to nit-pick the defense. Great tackles in-bounds on the last drive.

If Clay hauls in the TD pass this board would have a whole different mind-set.

The throw to Harvin was a play to win the game. TT blew it. He makes that throw and the worst is they punt the ball with 15 seconds on the clock. The smarter call was to run. But TT has to make that throw. The modern NFL uses the pass to kill the clock as much as it does the run.

Why so silent on the first round pick barely playing this game? Dareus is ripped for being injured. He played a solid game today. Looked like Lawson was pretty much a healthy scratch all day.

Who do you blame for the penalties? Should Rex sit Hughes for a quarter like it is HS? Should he cut Blanton? I would cut Blanton based on performance alone.

If you re-watch it, Tyrod throws that ball before Percy makes his cut, that play was a timing/sync issue, not accuracy.

Plain and simple, if Nugent can make an extra point the Bills lose this game.

Plain and Simple, if Clay catches the TD pass in the end zone the Bills still win this game.

Listening to it on the radio might give a different perspective than watching it, but from my couch it sounded like:

1. A lot of bad penalties and poor play callling on a several occasions. That's on the coaching.

When you're running well and have the ball on the 2yd line with 2 downs to score, why are you passing? When you need to run clock off and there's 2:30 on the game clock, why are you passing?

2. I really like Tyrod. He's easily the best QB we've had in more than a decade. But, he just misses his throws too much on 3rd down. It sounds like he's hesitant and has no timing with the receivers.

3. We got lucky, sure. But we played a full 60 minutes and won a tough road game. This was huge. Past teams would have given up and let the Bengals score with 30 seconds left. But this team played hard all afternoon, fought through injuries, and deserved to win. Let's not lose sight of that.

4. I hope they switch focus tomorrow ans get to business thinking about the Jags. Go Bills!

I figured the timing would be off since most of the starting WRs Tyrod had time with all got injured. This is why I think he missed Harvin on the out route. Better that he threw it wide where only Percy could get it, rather than late and inside for a possible INT.

I think the Taylor missed throw to Harvin was due to the DE on the edge and Taylors lack of height. Since Taylor is so short he had to throw it around the DE instead of being able to throw it over him which caused it to go wide

Also Harvin and Tyrod havent practiced much this year, so theyre not in sync yet. Hopefully they clean that up this week.