Polar Bear petting a dog: Adorable and Heartbreaking

/dev/null

Despite the very cute lead in video, who is surprised the hungry polar bear and the chained dog ended badly? This was not the polar bear from the Coke Christmas commercial, I'm assuming, because they would have just gone out for fast food or something instead.

Despite the very cute lead in video, who is surprised the hungry polar bear and the chained dog ended badly? This was not the polar bear from the Coke Christmas commercial, I'm assuming, because they would have just gone out for fast food or something instead.

Kinda figured that, but just didn't want to see it.

The polar bear didn't eat the chained dog (that wasn't actually chained anyway)

A few days later another dog was eaten

In California, the found an injured seal and nursed it back to health at a wild animal institute. After recovery, they let it out at the ocean to great fanfare. The onlookers saw an orca swim up and eat the seal after it swam a few hundred feet.

In California, the found an injured seal and nursed it back to health at a wild animal institute. After recovery, they let it out at the ocean to great fanfare. The onlookers saw an orca swim up and eat the seal after it swam a few hundred feet.

I've seen that and video of a cat being let out and an owl snatching it up

I've seen that and video of a cat being let out and an owl snatching it up

I have a friend who got a new small breed dog. A neighbor saw it and almost broke into tears. Turns out they had the same breed puppy and the kids, ages 4 and 6, were in the backyard playing with it when........a bird came down and swooped it up. Talk about trauma! My friend's house backs up to a large preserve. He says when they are in the back yard he looks up and often sees birds circling above. He hates the yappy little dog, but his daughter loves it so he's torn on this subject.

That is actually kind of funny.

I have a friend who got a new small breed dog. A neighbor saw it and almost broke into tears. Turns out they had the same breed puppy and the kids, ages 4 and 6, were in the backyard playing with it when........a bird came down and swooped it up. Talk about trauma! My friend's house backs up to a large preserve. He says when they are in the back yard he looks up and often sees birds circling above. He hates the yappy little dog, but his daughter loves it so he's torn on this subject.

when our dog was a 9 lb pup in the spring, had him the yard with my other dog, the other dog starting looking antsy at the sky....huge hawk who nests in tree across street circling like a champ....no doubt looking to swoop that puppy up