Clarett a Bill??

Buffan00

Saw on NFL Network combine coverage TD saying how Clarett looks good at 238 lbs. and is looking forward to seeing him more. Others say he is a high 4th rounder and working his way up the boards! I'd take him in the 4th in a minute!!!

out of football 2 years, and really has 2 years experience of college football...we don't need him

252637[/snapback]

Sounds like you never saw this kid play! I follow the BIg Ten/Michigan/OSU close and Clarett as a Freshman was dominating pro-level d-lines! Hes fast and can catch! Plus obviously young!

Sounds like you never saw this kid play! I follow the BIg Ten/Michigan/OSU close and Clarett as a Freshman was dominating pro-level d-lines! Hes fast and can catch! Plus obviously young!

I remember he had one good year when Ohio State won the national championship....I hessitate to change my assessment, but having him and Willis in the backfield would be entertaining

If he falls to the 4th round, I can definitely see TD taking him and why not? The guy would have been a Top 5 pick if he entered the draft after his Freshman year. And again, this would be a guy with something to prove to everyone. Willis is a mad man, he's pissed at everyone for counting him out and he wants to prove himself on the field.

I'd love to have him as our backup RB.

If he falls to the 4th round, I can definitely see TD taking him and why not? The guy would have been a Top 5 pick if he entered the draft after his Freshman year. And again, this would be a guy with something to prove to everyone. Willis is a mad man, he's pissed at everyone for counting him out and he wants to prove himself on the field.

I'd love to have him as our backup RB.

252727[/snapback]

The question is how far will he fall. Me and Ramius have a bet on what day of the draft he's going to go.

This guy's stock is rising like crazy now. That is all fans have to hear about him to be all over his jock now.

However, he might be a good pick up. He does have great size, and he does have a lot to prove. I really don't think that he would be that big of a cancer. WM had his kneww destroyed in that National Championship game against the Buckeyes. IMO, Willis could show the guy the ropes and challenge Shaud at the #2 spot.

For fwiw, Clarett just ran a bad 40 at the combine - 4.82 (unofficial) I don't think it'll matter as they're saying he's bulked up 10 lbs since OSU. The guy was chisseled, and I haven't seen tree trunks like that since Robert Newhouse.

And a lament, where was the NFL Network when I actually had time for all this? Round the clock combine coverage. Are you kidding me?

(Edit) Clarett's second run was in the 4.7 range.

I feel the draft is a place for chance. Stars and duds.... We saw Denver take a chance on a injured running back and win 2 superbowls... We see New England take a QB in what 7th round I think? Well 3 superbowls later...... We see the Bills take a kid whos knee was blown out and he is now a stud....

Take a chance on the kid and lets see what he can do! Its like investing in stock guys......

There is almost no way he gets out of the 2nd round.  There are just too many teams with RB needs for him to survive that long.  So look for the Bills to move up to the first round and draft him.

252776[/snapback]

I agree with Steve, he'll go in Day 1 for sure.

I've been telling you, TD is on record saying he will not draft Clarett.

254067[/snapback]

When did he say that? I don't recall him ever dismissing drafting a player out of hand.

I recall in an interview last year where he said that Clarett should definitely not enter the draft and that teams should not be in favor of young kids joining the NFL. But when the interviewer specifically asked TD if he would pass up Clarett if he was ruled eligible in 2004, TD gave a vague non-answer.