Clarett a Bill??

Buffan00

When did he say that?  I don't recall him ever dismissing drafting a player out of hand.

I recall in an interview last year where he said that Clarett should definitely not enter the draft and that teams should be in favor of young kids joining the NFL. 

Yesterday's Washington Post.

"Tom Donahoe, the president and general manager of the Bills who criticized Clarett sharply at last year's combine, said Thursday he still wouldn't draft Clarett... "

Link (email: biteme@jerks.com, pw: biteme)

Yesterday's Washington Post.

"Tom Donahoe, the president and general manager of the Bills who criticized Clarett sharply at last year's combine, said Thursday he still wouldn't draft Clarett... "

Link (email: biteme@jerks.com, pw: biteme)

254085[/snapback]

Allen Wilson ran a similar piece in Buff News, but did not say that TD would not draft Clarett. Considering that Donahoe's quotes are the same in both stories, I'm guessing both reporters were present when TD uttered the remarks.

Why would one guy reach the conclusion that TD wouldn't draft Clarett? If TD actually said it, why not quote his remarks? I would put the Wash Post article in the lazy journalism category.

Real bad move :D

254101[/snapback]

I tend to agree with you on that, but with DonnaHo, you never know!

How 'bout this quote from TD,

"I don't wish the kid any ill. It's just that this is a job interview, and you should do everything you can to put your best foot forward. I don't think he did that last year. Hopefully he will this year."

You remember how he loves a good interviewer! :(

Just to clarify what was mentioned above :

NFL | Clarett Bombs in 40 Drills - from www.KFFL.com

Sat, 26 Feb 2005 12:21:49 -0800

Inside the League reports former Ohio State RB Maurice Clarett opted out of the remainder of the work out portion of the combine after posting pedestrian numbers in the 40-drills. He ran the 40 twice, recording times of 4.82 and 4.79. Clarett measured in at 5-foot-11 and 234 pounds at the NFL Combine.

Just to clarify what was mentioned above :

NFL | Clarett Bombs in 40 Drills - from www.KFFL.com

Sat, 26 Feb 2005 12:21:49 -0800

Inside the League reports former Ohio State RB Maurice Clarett opted out of the remainder of the work out portion of the combine after posting pedestrian numbers in the 40-drills. He ran the 40 twice, recording times of 4.82 and 4.79. Clarett measured in at 5-foot-11 and 234 pounds at the NFL Combine.

254135[/snapback]

That explains why I didn't see him in the next drill. Gil Brandt also thought that he was probably 10 lbs over his ideal weight.

Forgetting this new evidence about his sub-par 40 times, i think TD's comments were merely posturing in hopes that a player he may want may slip just one more spot further. In the grand scheme of things, one player making a jump from a middle round to an early round may seem trivial, but it could set in motion a new draft strategy for most teams and let a player fall to the Bills that may not have otherwise.

I remember he had one good year when Ohio State won the national championship....I hessitate to change my assessment, but having him and Willis in the backfield would be entertaining

252666[/snapback]

Agreed but he would prob clamor for more PT before he's spent 2 years in Buffalo.

We don't need these kinds of distractions anymore.