Ethics in America.

Chef Jim

Yeah, at one time, actually quite recently, ethincs referred to Jews, Irish, Polish, Italians, etc.

Somehow, all of us, even the "papists", got lumped into being "white people". For F's sake, at least the blacks are protestant, or did you miss Hillary doing her Sunday tent revival impressions?

Care to explain how everybody that wasn't a WASP 20 years ago...suddenly inherited WASP standing? Or, would you rather tell this board that you have never heard a Polish joke in your life....or have never considered Irish people to be drunks....or have never said the phrase "He's trying to Jew me out of X". Tell us that you've never said the word "Greaseball", or worse, "Guinea".

You might be able to lie about one the above, but not all. Not unless you have 0 ties to WNY, and you've never been there.

EDIT: After I ate, I thought...isn't Zimmerman a "White Hispanic"? So, yeah, throwing people into the white bucket...I suppose will exist as long as the D party continues to believe that they can win elections by doing it.

that was too exhausting to read and digest, put I called somebody a Polock just the other day.... Come to think of it, I thin kI made an off the cuff comment about someone being an MOT as well. pretty solid week

No, in this instance, they do not. Read it again. When one is referring to a term at the end of a sentence: Ben Franklin thinks he knows "grammar". The quote goes before the punctuation. But, if somebody was to ask the question: "Why does Ben think he knows grammar?" the quote goes after the punctuation.

Thus ends your lesson for today.

You're the best kind of arrogant. Ignorant arrogant.

The second example is correct but you likely couldn't explain why.

The first, vastly more prevalent example, is totally wrong. In your sentence, "grammar" should include the period within the quotation mark.

You won't find a well-edited American periodical example or American usage dictionary that shows/says otherwise.

(This lesson ignores your 13 year old girl-ish overuse of the quotation marks.)

Gold Star family booed on flight

The Gold Star family of Sgt. John W. Perry says they were booed after the captain allowed them to deplane a flight first on their way to claim their son's remains. Source: CNN

Edited by ALF

Gold Star family booed on flight

The Gold Star family of Sgt. John W. Perry says they were booed after the captain allowed them to deplane a flight first on their way to claim their son's remains. Source: CNN

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2016/11/19/gold-star-family-booed-on-flight-orig-vstan-aa.cnn

This must one of those fake news stories, I hope

Strange. I fly a lot and have seen the cpatain many times ask people to hold off boarding because someone needed to get off. Never seen anyone complain. I'm guessing only people who didn't understand (headphones wearing) would B word. Edited by Benjamin Franklin

Pretty despicable behavior by the "first class" passengers. If money could actually buy class, they'd probably have a lot. But they have none.

Seeing their plane took off from Sacramento, CA I'm sure it was filled with Trump supporters - you know - the despicables.

Pretty despicable behavior by the "first class" passengers. If money could actually buy class, they'd probably have a lot. But they have none.

Seeing their plane took off from Sacramento, CA I'm sure it was filled with Trump supporters - you know - the despicables.

Soundbyte snap judgment media sells. Do you really think that Americans would boo a family they knew was going to pick up their son's body? Do you think that little of people? Or do you think the media seized on a bad moment of communication between the captain and passengers and dressed up to get clicks?

I've been in airports and seen random standing ovations for service people in uniform. We are not monsters.

Soundbyte snap judgment media sells. Do you really think that Americans would boo a family they knew was going to pick up their son's body? Do you think that little of people? Or do you think the media seized on a bad moment of communication between the captain and passengers and dressed up to get clicks?

I've been in airports and seen random standing ovations for service people in uniform. We are not monsters.

They were not told they were on their way to claim their son's body. However they were told they were a military family. That's probably why you've never heard people that needed to get off ahead of others booed and why this family was.

Me too. But a plane with a first class section full of (most likely) Californians booing a "military family" getting a preferential deplaning courtesy is despicable - as I originally stated.

Mayor John Hamilton recently announced that are renaming two paid holidays for city workers -- in an effort to respect "differing cultures."

Columbus Day will henceforth be known as "Fall Holiday" and Good Friday will be known as "Spring Holiday."

And apparently the only way to achieve cultural diversity and sensitivity is by disrespecting Italians and Christians.

The latest case in point: Bloomington, Indiana

St Patrick's Day and Dyngus Day survive for now

Edited by ALF

Mayor John Hamilton recently announced that are renaming two paid holidays for city workers -- in an effort to respect "differing cultures."
Columbus Day will henceforth be known as "Fall Holiday" and Good Friday will be known as "Spring Holiday."
And apparently the only way to achieve cultural diversity and sensitivity is by disrespecting Italians and Christians.
The latest case in point: Bloomington, Indiana
St Patrick's Day and Dyngus Day survive for now

Columbus Day is out in most schools in favor of Explorer's Day or Indigenous People's Day.

THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING LEGACY:

Federal judge blocks Obama overtime pay rule.

U.S. District Judge Amos Mazzant of the Eastern District of Texas, whom President Obama appointed, imposed a nationwide injunction against the rule Tuesday at the request of 21 states, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and other business groups.

Business groups cheered the decision as another rebuke of the Obama administration’s penchant for regulation and for extending executive power.

“The Labor Department’s overtime changes are a reckless and aggressive overreach of executive power, and retailers are pleased with the judge’s decision,” said David French, the National Retail Federation’s senior vice president for government relations.

The judge said the Labor Department regulation exceeded the authority granted it by Congress, which he said gave Labor the right to define which workers are considered salaried but only based on the duties they performed, not by how much they made.

Live by the phone and the pen, die by the phone and the pen.