Real Chutzpuh---Obama The Deficit Reducer

grinreaper

;)

Well - when Clinton and Obama left office...the metrics of the economy of both 2000 and 2016 were both varying colors of good to very good. When Bush left in 2008 was the worst economic circumstance since 1929....

There are certainly large elements of the US that the current economy does not serve well - let's see how DT does with that....

You are an imbecile.

It's going to be very interesting to see how the right responds if Trump is able to pass his tax cuts and infrastructure spending. Trump will have to bring back Cheney to tell us "Reagan proved that deficits don't matter..."

That is rich...what elements of the current economic snapshot that BO has put in place lead you to believe there is an impending BO recession - or did you hear that on Baurle....?

Seriously - the right wing/GOP is going to have to pivot from pretty much their entire game plan being blaming liberals to actually doing something.

Would a confident person/entity START their administration with premade excuses?

If you do a little searching, you can find a lot of economic opinions out there that were predicting earlier this year the possibility of a recession beginning in 2017/2018.

It's going to be very interesting to see how the right responds if Trump is able to pass his tax cuts and infrastructure spending. Trump will have to bring back Cheney to tell us "Reagan proved that deficits don't matter..."

Agree.

It depends on which 'right' you're talking about: the right who actually thinks Trump is a Republican or the right who knows he's not.

I've heard Trump talk about his "tax cuts" as tax reform - middle class cuts combined with a simplified tax code. Depending on the details, you could end up with a tax "cut" that raises actual revenue by eliminating deductions and loopholes that more greatly benefit the upper income brackets.

I'm not saying that will happen...just that it can, and thus one shouldn't be so quick to judge a nonexistent plan on bull **** headlines.

I've heard Trump talk about his "tax cuts" as tax reform - middle class cuts combined with a simplified tax code. Depending on the details, you could end up with a tax "cut" that raises actual revenue by eliminating deductions and loopholes that more greatly benefit the upper income brackets.

I'm not saying that will happen...just that it can, and thus one shouldn't be so quick to judge a nonexistent plan on bull **** headlines.

whatever he does, I'm sure it's going to be the greatest, the best ever.

Re the topic, I think the most difficult thing for him to hold onto will be his foreign policy thoughts. Fight Isis instead of Assad and Russia. Talk a bought taking on the vested interests! [oops! This was related to gg's topic--broken promises]

Edited by TPS

whatever he does, I'm sure it's going to be the greatest, the best ever.

Re the topic, I think the most difficult thing for him to hold onto will be his foreign policy thoughts. Fight Isis instead of Assad and Russia. Talk a bought taking on the vested interests!

Oh, of course. It'll be huge. You'll see. Huge.

Foreign policy promises never survive reality, since the reality of foreign policy always involves external actors who don't give a **** what you promised. Bush's "no nation building" promise is a great example, and you could practically see it Obama's face, when he first realized during his transition that the real world and his grand foreign policy theories didn't match.