Gleason (2016)

MarkMiller

Has anyone gotten a chance to see this? My Wife and I rented through Amazon last night, and absolutely loved. Really, really touching story (bring tissues).

From Rotten Tomatoes:

"The hit documentary from the 2016 Sundance Film Festival goes inside the life of Steve Gleason, the former New Orleans Saints defensive back who, at the age of 34, was diagnosed with ALS and given a life expectancy of two to five years. Weeks later, Gleason found out his wife, Michel, was expecting their first child. A video journal that began as a gift for his unborn son expands to chronicle Steve's determination to get his relationships in order, build a foundation to provide other ALS patients with purpose, and adapt to his declining physical condition-utilizing medical technologies that offer the means to live as fully as possible."

https://www.gleasonmovie.com/

post-25789-0-99777400-1478896275_thumb.jpg

He is a really amazing guy. Steve Gleason is an icon in New Orleans. He attacks everything that he does and hasn't let this terrible disease slow him. He has made it his mission to raise awareness and money. The video diary to Rivers is inspiring and heartbreaking. Everyone should see this film and read up on Gleason. There are so many negative stories out there and this is the opposite.

He is a really amazing guy. Steve Gleason is an icon in New Orleans. He attacks everything that he does and hasn't let this terrible disease slow him. He has made it his mission to raise awareness and money. The video diary to Rivers is inspiring and heartbreaking. Everyone should see this film and read up on Gleason. There are so many negative stories out there and this is the opposite.

Totally agree. It's been a rough week, and watching this put alot of things into perspective ... very inspirational guy.

See him at rock concerts all the time still - was enjoying himself a front row seat for the Tool show the other day. Pearl Jam lets him write the set list when they are in town (hes become close to the band during this).... He still gets out and does more than a lot of healthy folks. Really amazing dude.

I haven't watched this yet but was able to go to some screenings when he started doing documentary work and did a rafting trip and such. It was really well done and can't imagine this being less than excellent.

Edited by NoSaint

Totally agree. It's been a rough week, and watching this put alot of things into perspective ... very inspirational guy.

This may sound like hyperbole but he is as recognizable in New Orleans as Jim Kelly is in Buffalo. Obviously they weren't similar players on the field but they are great ambassadors for their respective cities.

As it is Veterans Day, I though it would be appropriate to share this. A very near and dear friend of mine lost his older brother to ALS at the age of 48 a few years ago. It was long and painful for everyone involved.

He was a highly decorated soldier and left behind two young sons. I will watch this movie and think of him and his family. RIP, Dave.

http://poststar.com/lifestyles/announcements/obituaries/david-michael-bolton/article_b212c950-4e75-11e3-bcbd-001a4bcf887a.html

As it is Veterans Day, I though it would be appropriate to share this. A very near and dear friend of mine lost his older brother to ALS at the age of 48 a few years ago. It was long and painful for everyone involved.

He was a highly decorated soldier and left behind two young sons. I will watch this movie and think of him and his family. RIP, Dave.

http://poststar.com/lifestyles/announcements/obituaries/david-michael-bolton/article_b212c950-4e75-11e3-bcbd-001a4bcf887a.html

Thanks for sharing Gug!! It's an awful, awful disease. Prayers to your friend and his family.