Syracuse Hoops 2016-17

The Poojer

True. Just surprised by how few his minutes were in a game they had in the bag.

Ah, I see your point now. Who knows with Boeheim? His practices are mysterious and many times don't make sense to me. I find DC2 frustrating to watch, personally. He's gotten better in the low post, but has the curious inability to rebound and go back up with it. It's maddening watching him get stripped by 5'7" white guys all game long.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thompson is the most fun guy to watch on offense; I can see why JB gives him extended minutes.

I am not sure what to think of this win. It was clear they had a ton more talent and size on Cornell, and yet they let Cornell fire away a bunch of open 3s and let guys get in the middle of the zone. Not sure much has changed.

This year is going to be tough to watch. Our defense could be historically bad. Everyone we have played has been able to get wide open 3 attempts on us. It's pathetic how bad it is. There is no chemistry on this team at all. Just....disappointed.

is it feasible to move to man defense at this point in time or is it too late to change everything. you knew there would be a day when the zone lost it's effectiveness, but all of a sudden? it's just very weird

I honestly believe that part of the problem is that someone found a loop hole in the zone too. They seem to be exposing it by going high low a lot more but if that is covered, the defensive rotation is too predictable and slow to get to the shooters.

you are 100% correct, now tomorrow when they are scheduled to play they may have a slightly higher chance of winning, not much, but slightly more :D:devil:

PS: we literally have 0% chance of winning tonight. How fall have we fallen...

What a great win. Much needed. Loved how aggressive White was on O out of the gate. You could tell white (and battle) were going to be assertive.

The D played better too-- cut down on the high low garbage.

Gillon was solid, but could cut down on the TOs--- way too many!

Okay...season reset. Miami is a good team. White scored a bunch, but was also a monster on the boards. Lydon is clearly our only solid low post player. He is our center, with sprinklings of Thompson, moving forward. Gillon did his job as THE PG, but I agree that he needs to clean up his game. A little too reckless for my taste. And freaking Roberson?! Since when does he play?! I am befuddled and amazed all at the same time. The defense finally worked too. They hustled and were scrappy. Tyus Battle made a noticeable difference on defense.

Great win.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

It was like an entirely fifteenth different team defensively last night. Lydon was an animal in the second half.

I agree with you, JH. Lydon should be the #5, with Thompson and Roberson playing the 4.

Hopefully we see more of what we did the other night. I want Lydon to start at the 5 with Thompson at the 4, with Roberson giving energy and rebounding off the bench. Let's go SU!

Looks like they're going to ride Gillon-Battle-White-Roberson-Lydon with sprinlings of Thompson at the 5 and perhaps DC2 if we really get in foul trouble. It will be interesting to see what happens if either Battle or Gillon get in foul trouble. I don't think Howard plays regardless. Roberson is key for defense and rebounding.