10-31: Eric Wood and Rex Ryan Media Sessions

Rex Ryan: "We Have to do a Better Job" (16:33)

HC Rex Ryan addressed the media topics include; third down defense, a Lorenzo Alexander injury update, and the trade market.

10-31: ERIC WOOD ON WGR (19:18)

Wood - New England is one of the best teams in the NFL. They can rush the passer well, and have explosive offense #Bills

Wood - yesterday's loss to NE was just as bad as my 1st loss to them. At times we were effective, but we missed on some opportunities #Bills

Wood - we were confident with our run game going into the game, but with us being down in 2nd half we had to abandon it #Bills

Wood - Brady's a guy I have a ton of respect for. Asked him if it was time for him to retire, but said the game's just slowing down for him

Wood - thought our defensive line did a good job getting to Brady, getting him off his spot. We just couldn't get the job done #Bills

Wood - this season feels like a roller-coaster ride. We have to battle back, need to make another run soon if we want the playoffs #Bills

Wood - Seattle has some big hitters on defense in their lineup #Bills

10-31: REX RYAN ON WGR (14:25)

Rex: "Tape showed nothing unexpected.....disappointing that we played poorly."

Reggie Bush sustained a groin injury in the game, says Rex. "When he got hurt it took us back little bit."

Lorenzo Alexander has a hamstring injury. "We'll see how it goes (this week)." -- Rex

Rex on safety play without Aaron Williams: "Kind of like the rest of the team played. It wasn't our best, certainly."

Rex - you have to have skin like an armadillo. We'll take it, we'll learn from our mistakes, and we know we have to get better #Bills

Rex - we made some mistakes, and there were physical and mental errors. We'll correct them #Bills

Rex - we have to get our swag back, play with more confidence and be more aggressive #Bills

Rex - Brady sees the field well. If you let him sit in the pocket, you're in for a long day #Bills

Rex - when you fall behind, it alters you. We could not overcome the early mistakes we made #Bills

Rex - I think we'll be able to make a good evaluation on Tyrod at the end of the year, and believe that he's our QB #Bills

Rex - hopeful that Woods can get back, Goodwin is out of concussion protocol so he'll hopefully be back next week #Bills

Rex - don't like that we have a Monday night game on the west coast. I'd much rather play at 1pm their time instead #Bills

Rex also sounded optimistic about Sammy Watkins' return. Says they are still hopeful that happens.

You are right bloke. I don't know why we would ever question the owning of #15 over #24.

You know, that #24 who got picked early in the first round who called himself a physical player!

Edited by PO16FFS

You are right bloke. I don't know why we would ever question the owning of #15 over #24.

You know, that #24 who got picked early in the first round who called himself a physical player!

It's funny how certain players get to skate by playing badly while others get vilified.

Snap-to-snap basis, Wood was the worst player on the field. I guess we just gloss over those facts when the witch hunt is afoot :)

It's funny how certain players get to skate by playing badly while others get vilified.

Snap-to-snap basis, Wood was the worst player on the field. I guess we just gloss over those facts when the witch hunt is afoot :)

Fair or not, Gilmore refused a contract extension that he deemed lower than what he believes his capabilites are. He says he should be paid TOP 5 money, when he doesn't live up to that standard, it's understandable that fans won't overlook the matter.

Fair or not, Gilmore refused a contract extension that he deemed lower than what he believes his capabilites are. He says he should be paid TOP 5 money, when he doesn't live up to that standard, it's understandable that fans won't overlook the matter.

He turned down a deal that would've made him the 9th best paid CB in the league. Eric Wood is the 9th best paid center in the league.

One isn't worth the theoretical value but the other one apparently is because we're already stuck with it?

Excellant point. But don't forget Eric Wood is a nice guy. That is HUUUge to some fans here and actually Trumps playing skills for some.

Finding a replacement for the aging center is probably not even on OBD's radar yet. Too many other positional needs and fires too put out

He turned down a deal that would've made him the 9th best paid CB in the league. Eric Wood is the 9th best paid center in the league.

One isn't worth the theoretical value but the other one apparently is because we're already stuck with it?

Bring on Elflein!! Edited by YoloinOhio

Eric wood blows. He was good for a very short time a few yrs ago. He's so damn overrated its a joke.

top 5 money this yr is top 10 money next yr is top 20 money the following yr and by year 4 he's lucky to be top 25... that's how the business works

Gilmore allowed Brady a perfect passer rating. Not sure how Wood could be worse than letting the opposing player play a perfect game.

Eric wood said that he saw Brady talking to Jimbo in the tunnel and says to him " you're 39 should you be stepping away from the game?" Brady says "the game is finally slowing down for me.?

We're screwed.

I'm not saying Brady isn't great. He definitely is. And I respect how he's kept that chip on his shoulder for his entire career. But it's simply not possible for a human to be doing what he is doing physically at his age. He's basically aging backward like Benjamin Button or something. His nutrition regimen undoubtedly includes the most advanced stuff probably not even tested for yet by the NFL. A form of HGH ahead of the testing curve.

Eric wood blows. He was good for a very short time a few yrs ago. He's so damn overrated its a joke.

He was seriously very good last year. He was a bit wayward in years prior at times but 2015 seemed to be the turning point.

This year? Up and down, been a bit lucky that some errors haven't been compounded by others.

Gilmore allowed Brady a perfect passer rating. Not sure how Wood could be worse than letting the opposing player play a perfect game.

He had five negative plays on the day (one of which a result of miscommunication). 2 holds, unsure if the 2nd one was completely legit.

Wood got called for two holds, allowing six pressures and also got away with a hands to the face penalty. Pretty sure that wins when I classed it as snap-to-snap.

Edited by Blokestradamus

He was seriously very good last year. He was a bit wayward in years prior at times but 2015 seemed to be the turning point.

This year? Up and down, been a bit lucky that some errors haven't been compounded by others.

He had three negative plays on the day (one of which a result of miscommunication).

Wood got called for two holds, allowing six pressures and also got away with a hands to the face penalty. Pretty sure that wins when I classed it as snap-to-snap.

0-3 for a couple TD's is worse than 42-50 something .

He had five negative plays on the day (one of which a result of miscommunication). 2 holds, unsure if the 2nd one was completely legit.

he was good. But not very good. And that came from incognito. Not wood.

Probably chasing an open Hogan 5 yards behind him.

They didn't have Tyrod at QB, no way Brady's missing that read :D

he was good. But not very good. And that came from incognito. Not wood.

Not sure how you work that one out. Wood did plenty of good work 1-on-1. Does it help having someone good playing next to you? Undoubtedly. Just got to give credit where it's due.