Shelton for Henry

Mile High

Is almost a done deal reported by Randy Mueller on the Hot List per ESPN news. He commented that the deal is good for both teams and the the Bills are really looking more solid with the addition of Shelton. He also addded that the Bills offensive line is a bunch of underachievers and this move will make us that much better in the long run.

So the Bills line are "underachievers" and we bring in Shelton who has been labeled as an "underachiever" and we are better in the long run?

I want the deal to happen, just making fun of the media.

251905[/snapback]

Has anyone heard that the Bucs are supposed to be a "finalist" for shelton? I was just wondering since I am hearing that out here in Arizona.

And speaking of Guards, Dan Neil just got released from the Broncos. Just add another one to the heap of excellent guards available. If TD wants to seriously improve the line, he has a lot of options to choose from.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=1999040

From 1998-2003, Neil started 92 straight games for the Broncos and helped five different backs rush for more than 1,000 yards.

And speaking of Guards, Dan Neil just got released from the Broncos.  Just add another one to the heap of excellent guards available.  If TD wants to seriously improve the line, he has a lot of options to choose from.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=1999040

From 1998-2003, Neil started 92 straight games for the Broncos and helped five different backs rush for more than 1,000 yards.

251910[/snapback]

Agreed, Neil is a very good G. Not sure on his age. Ill check.

Is almost a done deal reported by Randy Mueller on the Hot List per ESPN news.  He commented that the deal is good for both teams and the the Bills are really looking more solid with the addition of Shelton.  He also addded that the Bills offensive line is a bunch of underachievers and this move will make us that much better in the long run.

251903[/snapback]

Good. Time to get the deal done and time to move forward.

Has anyone heard that the Bucs are supposed to be a "finalist" for shelton?  I was just wondering since I am hearing that out here in Arizona.

251909[/snapback]

I am hearing the same thing here in Tampa. The Bucs are in cap hell, but have 11 Draft picks. The talk down here is they will trade some picks for players under contract so they don't have to pay the signing bonus. Sheltons name is most often mentioned.

I cant wait for March 2nd, I think that TD strikes on the first day with a FA Guard to complete the O-Line.  Then the rest of the offseason can be spent looking for depth and a good backup QB to our liking.

251906[/snapback]

Don't be so sure TD's target won't be a center. Move Teague back to his natural position, either as a starter or back-up.

Don't be so sure TD's target won't be a center.  Move Teague back to his natural position, either as a starter or back-up.

252006[/snapback]

I'm cool with that as well. I think the Bills only have enough FA money to seriously improve either the O-Line or the Guard spot, and I figure whatever position Donahoe chooses to improve upon in FA, then we draft the other position with our 2nd rounder. For example, if we sign Raiola or Rabach (sp?), then we draft Baas or Johnson. If we sign Rivera or Neil, then we draft Baas or Spencer.

Don't be so sure TD's target won't be a center.  Move Teague back to his natural position, either as a starter or back-up.

252006[/snapback]

From his Buffalo Bills.com profile:

Was a two-year starter on the offensive line at Tennessee, earning third-team All-America and first-team All-Southeastern Conference honors as a senior…started entire senior season at center, registering 87 knockdowns for a team that ranked fourth in the nation with an average of 482.8 yards per game in total offense…as a junior started the first eight games at left tackle and the last four at center…as a sophomore played in every game, starting the final two at right tackle…saw limited action with the field goal unit and as a reserve offensive tackle as a freshman after redshirting in 1993

In reading that tell me what's Teague's natural position? Sounds like to me Tennessee shifted him to Center for a reason.

A deal for Shelton is good. A deal for Shelton along with re-signing Jennings would be GREAT. Anyone think there is any chance of this? I doubt it, but I can hope like hell.

252045[/snapback]

That's my dream too...and then move Shelton or MW to guard.

Still, I think JJ is gone. It seems to me based on what I've heard that Pat Williams will be resigned and JJ will walk.

I have a question though, how is Dallas could sign Drew before March 2nd? I thought that was the date for FA to sign?

If we get Shelton....Jennings might as well clean out his locker (if he hasn't already)......

Shelton will end up being the Left Tackle....they will sign a good LG....and they will make getting a Tight End who can help Shelton a priority......

252262[/snapback]

Thats exactly what I'm thinking too. Let Jennings walk, sign a stud LG like Wahle, Rivera, Neil, etc and then get an upgrade at TE (Marcus Pollard would be fantastic...sure hands and great blocking skills to plow the way for Willis) and we are all set.