Westworld

/dev/null

I happen to love the movie Broken Flowers. That's the first time I became aware of Jeffrey Wright and thought he's really good.

Great flick and I agree, I'd watch him in pretty much anything.

This show though has been up and down for me for two episodes. Maybe it's a generational thing? The idea of a MMORPG isn't a foreign concept to me as I'm sure it's not to anyone under 35, and the fact that people in those games tend to let their Ids off the chain isn't all that shocking either. I'm looking forward to the AI rebellion, but the show hasn't grabbed me yet outside of its visuals and cast which I have enjoyed.

Great flick and I agree, I'd watch him in pretty much anything.

This show though has been up and down for me for two episodes. Maybe it's a generational thing? The idea of a MMORPG isn't a foreign concept to me as I'm sure it's not to anyone under 35, and the fact that people in those games tend to let their Ids off the chain isn't all that shocking either. I'm looking forward to the AI rebellion, but the show hasn't grabbed me yet outside of its visuals and cast which I have enjoyed.

I haven't watched it yet, but I plan to. I thought I'd wait until a few episodes are available. My initial thoughts from seeing a couple previews and from what little I've read is that I won't love it. In the words of Peter Griffin, "it insists upon itself." Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised though, especially if I keep my expectations low.

I feel like whenever AI gets a treatment in popular culture, it usually turns out half-baked and boring.

I haven't watched it yet, but I plan to. I thought I'd wait until a few episodes are available. My initial thoughts from seeing a couple previews and from what little I've read is that I won't love it. In the words of Peter Griffin, "it insists upon itself." Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised though, especially if I keep my expectations low.

I feel like whenever AI gets a treatment in popular culture, it usually turns out half-baked and boring.

I'll be curious as to your thoughts when you dive in. :beer:

You think so? I love Jeffery Wright. He's terrific.

I just think that their plan is to phase out Hopkins for Wright. Draw you in with one actor and switch him out for someone cheaper.

I started watching the show for Wood and Hopkins. It's not that Wright is bad, it just feels like false advertising if they don't feature the two actors that were showcased in the trailers.

Your half right so far. Half of the story relies too much on an existential debate. Like a philosophy lesson between the sex and violence. I hope it doesn't become too full of itself.

I just think that their plan is to phase out Hopkins for Wright. Draw you in with one actor and switch him out for someone cheaper.

I started watching the show for Wood and Hopkins. It's not that Wright is bad, it just feels like false advertising if they don't feature the two actors that were showcased in the trailers.

Ah, gotcha. :beer:

If it's any consolation, Hopkins is at least credited with being in all 10 season 1 episodes, so you shouldn't have to fear him leaving this season.

So I'm thinking maybe Ed Harris = Arnold? But is it Arnold incarnate or Arnold "uploaded" into a host that has evolved over 30 years

I thought this was the best episode so far. Gotta believe Ed Harris' character is Arnold in some form or fashion.