Where do you put Lawson when he comes back.

Davealan74

He had 3 sacks yesterday. Taking him to 7 for the season. He has also been damn good with tackles. Shaq can be eased in slowly without worry. Nice problem to have, but who gets cut? Dareus theoretically will improve our interior DL. That to me is what could push this defense over the top. Right now Buffalo is in second place in turnover differential. Near the top in both interceptions and fumble recovery. They are also near the top in sacks. Yet the D is only ranked near the middle of the pack. Lets hope our reinforcements really put some pressure on our opponents. Could get real interesting.

Offensively, I am loving the run game. The feast or famine traits has me a bit more worried. I'm thinking the O will get better as the season progresses, so long as we don't lose guys to injury.

Two thumbs up for LorAx though. He's been doing a great job.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this looks like something for the shout box....lol do you two actually hit f5 and wait right after you post? haha. I think he won the argument btw.

No. After a 3 sack game, I'd say he definitely did not. Your logic hasn't gotten any better with your reincarnation.

No. After a 3 sack game, I'd say he definitely did not. Your logic hasn't gotten any better with your reincarnation.

ya because no one wears down after a 16 game season, especially 33 year olds, and using james harrison as an example when he is an outlier and had a year or two off to rejuvinate himself is not logical, unless your saying every player is james harrison? there is a reason he is special. Oh and the rotation of lineman has been desired since we got tooled by dallas in 92 and brought in jim jeffcoat and ted washington to try and play along.

ya because no one wears down after a 16 game season, especially 33 year olds, and using james harrison as an example when he is an outlier and had a year or two off to rejuvinate himself is not logical, unless your saying every player is james harrison? there is a reason he is special. Oh and the rotation of lineman has been desired since we got tooled by dallas in 92 and brought in jim jeffcoat and ted washington to try and play along.

He doesn't play every defensive series, but apparently you haven't noticed.

He doesn't play every defensive series, but apparently you haven't noticed.

well then you just went in a circle with your argument to try and be right, which was whether he is too old to play as a starter and shouldnt be replaced with shaq, which is the point of the thread. you made the point he wont slow down "playing" which implies starting a 16 game season. Our point is shaq will help him save wear n tear and that he wouldnt hold up 16 gamesto which you said james harrison does.

Every player DL takes breaks and subs out btw so that point was worthless. So is your point he already is a situational player so shaq would be starting for someone else? alexander started against the rams so im lost at what youre trying to say. maybe you just want to argue.

well then you just went in a circle with your argument to try and be right, which was whether he is too old to play as a starter and shouldnt be replaced with shaq, which is the point of the thread. you made the point he wont slow down "playing" which implies starting a 16 game season. Our point is shaq will help him save wear n tear and that he wouldnt hold up 16 gamesto which you said james harrison does.

Every player DL takes breaks and subs out btw so that point was worthless. So is your point he already is a situational player so shaq would be starting for someone else? alexander started against the rams so im lost at what youre trying to say. maybe you just want to argue.

You being lost on a point and spitting out gibberish is typical for you. No point in discussing anything with you given all of the incorrect inferences you draw. You're still in the dark even though you're the so called re enlightener.

I would just like to point that that Lorax has primarily been a special teams player.....and they are on the field a lot less then if they are used as a primary guy on D on his last teams.

His wear and tear.....despite his age...might be much less.

Anyways I think its a wonderful problem to have....not just for Lorax but for Hughes as well.....you can rotate that Shaq Lawson monster in through both positions keeping the starters fresh.

Great problem to have

Common answer seems to be that Shaq should be used as a super sub on particular situations to keep Hughes and Lorax fresh as the season wears on. Shaq can easily play 20-30 snaps giving both Hughes and Lorax a breather and then slowly Shaq can work his way back up to 30-40 snaps and probably settle in at 40-50 snaps per game spelling both sides.

Shaq also gives the team a good option if Lorax starts to break down (Which as other posters have mentioned that even though his age is 33 he was primarily a special teams player not on the field as often so its not a given that he breaks down) then Shaq can over take him as a starter (Hopefully if Shaq is effective enough) and then Lorax can come in as a situational pass rusher. Even if Lorax is still effective throughout the season having a super sub coming in for both sides 20+ snaps per game makes everyone more effective.

Edited by billsfan89