Now all is good in the world.

ICE

HS football kicked off officially Friday night. College yesterday and pro on Thursday. IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!

I for one am excited about getting to finally make it back to Buffalo. Hell if they had good enough jobs there I would friggin move.

Record for the season? I really don't care. I feel it's still 10-6 but honestly don't care. Football is back. I think we have become WAY to wrapped up in the Bills and we fans are the ones making it more of a soap opera than it is. Just enjoy the season. Win, Lose, just enjoy the games.

As for yesterdays games....

USC was last week but looked ok. Watching Cal yesterday...They WILL beat USC again this year.

OU. Looked like it was the first game of the season. People under rate Bowling Green. This is a solid team. They are coached well. Other than Whites last min int he sure looks like a Heisman lock again this year. Personally I hope he doesn't get it. I hope we keep having TWO 100 yard rushers like we did yesterday. NOW try to stop the Crimson and Creme!!!!

LSU. Sorry Cajun...not gonna repeat. In all fairness buddy they shouldn't be #3 after yesterday. I like the D, but you have no real QB.

Ok State. Can anyone be handed a game anymore so than yesterday? D played well, Ran the ball well. But they have no QB. When he faces K State, OU Etal...They are done.

Michigan. No offense, but they have a Freshman QB. Still a damn good D. Nice job forcing turnovers.

Ohio State. Uh....hum. I think they have a LONG season in front of them. Great D, no real offense.

Bottom line, GOD it's good to have Football back!

LSU. Sorry Cajun...not gonna repeat. In all fairness buddy they shouldn't be #3 after yesterday. I like the D, but you have no real QB.

I've said already, that this team is an 8-3 or at best 9-2 team as of now. Our defense is fine, no problems there. Our season totally rests on our offense. We lost our starting QB(Mauck), and starting WR's(Clayton and Henderson). All high to mid round draft pick type talent. You don't lose that type of talent at skill positions and expect to repeat, it won't happen. I knew this coming in.

Now the future is bright. We have 3 blue chip WR's(Doucet, Carter, and Bowe), but all are sophmore or younger, and our backup QB JaMarcus Russell took his first college snaps last night, and i'd say he impressed big time for someone who was just thrown in like he was.

Personally I can't wait for Marcus Randall to graduate this year, he's been horrible his whole career at LSU. Sat and watched 5 QB's in 5 years ahead of him for a reason, and it became obvious why last night.

Good work ICE!

I was going to do so in a seperate thread, but instead I will use this one to thank you, and each and every person on TBD with whom I have participated in football discussions.

ICE, you are correct. Most of us here are probably way too "wrapped up" in the Bills. We are the hardest of the hard core fans, and imo the most knowledgeable (myself not included). In my case, the Bills are my escape. They are something to believe in and remind us that anything is possible.

The Bills (and TBD) have been there for me through some of the best and worst times of my life. The offseason is great, because I can come here and learn from and have converse with fellow die-hard fans, some of whom I consider actual experts.

As for this season, I have very mixed emotions. I see 2 serious flaws: the lack of pass rush, and of course the OL.

Schobel getting older and stronger could help the rush, along with the emergence of Kelsay. It is certainly possible that these guys can raise their level of play.

As for the OL, we had better hope that:

1) McNally is 1/2 as good as he is purported to be.

2) Mike Williams needs to grow up, shrink, and stop being a burden to this football team in terms of production vs cap costs.

3) They stay healthy.

If the above happens (admittedly a reach), anything else is possible. What I DO know is that I am ready for the season, and will see many of you on 10/31.

Thanks again everyone. :D:w00t:

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HS football kicked off officially Friday night. College yesterday and pro on Thursday. IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!

OU. Looked like it was the first game of the season. People under rate Bowling Green. This is a solid team. They are coached well.  Other than Whites last min int he sure looks like a Heisman lock again this year. Personally I hope he doesn't get it. I hope we keep having TWO 100 yard rushers like we did yesterday. NOW try to stop the Crimson and Creme!!!!

Ok State. Can anyone be handed a game anymore so than yesterday? D played well, Ran the ball well. But they have no QB. When he faces K State, OU Etal...They are done.

18849[/snapback]

ICE I don't know what you are smokn' but OU looked awful. No D. Underrate Bowling Green? Are you kidding me? OU should have crushed them. Instead they let them hang around until the 4th. If they don't get better in a hurry they will be in trouble with teams like OSU and K-State. Les can out coach Stoops any day of the week!

As for your week review of the OSU game, were you even watching the game! How can you say "no QB"?! He is a red shirt freshman, 1st game and he didn't have to throw due to the running game. I don't know the exact stats but I think it was like 2 for 8? He will get a lot better as the season rolls along. Besides one of his completions was for a 1st down on a critical 3rd down play. Did you see him run! He looked awesome!

Now ICE, get off the crack pipe and actually watch the games before commenting!

• 3 months later...

Record for the season? I really don't care. I feel it's still 10-6 but honestly don't care. Football is back.  I think we have become WAY to wrapped up in the Bills and we fans are the ones making it more of a soap opera than it is.  Just enjoy the season. Win, Lose, just enjoy the games.

18849[/snapback]

Here's a classic quote from ICE before the season opener. If only he would take his own advice...What a flipflopper :)

Here's a classic quote from ICE before the season opener.  If only he would take his own advice...What a flipflopper  :)

150794[/snapback]

It's not "flipflopper", the technical term is "bipolar".

Yeah, but what do you know?

150834[/snapback]

Not much my friend. I DO know that I will be picking your brain before the draft. I want OL and RB, and like that wr from UCal.

I also know that in 05, I sincerely hope that you spend more time in Lot 1/Pole 5. I was sick at the game vs. the cards. It was a tough day, but the win was what I needed. :)