Bledsoe reminds me of American Idol

Dennis in NC

The American Idol folks that say "my mother says I can make it to the top!" or "my friends all think I'm a great singer".

Very often they are delusional. Nice of their parents and friends to prop them up, when they can't really sing worth beans.

Well, now Drew has a big star on his helmet and I'm sure that will make him feel a bit better about himself. "This is my team"

"oops no, THIS is my team"

I just hate it when multi-millionaires are sad.  Their burdens are heavy, and I grieve for them. The caviar and the filet mignon and the Turbo Porsches just seem so empty.... ;)

250163[/snapback]

Especially those who drown their sorrows with PBR. ;)

Especially those who drown their sorrows with PBR. ;)

250168[/snapback]

They don't sell PBR down here. Do they still have it in Buffalo? Even in college, the most desperate we got was Golden Anniversary (it was $6.99 for a CASE - 24 beers! and that was only 5 years ago).

I'm gonna search for some this weekend (there's a HUGE liquor store close to work that has EVERY beer you could imagine (yes,they have Genny). Anyway, if it's good enough for a multi-millionaire, it can't be THAT bad...

right?

So the 2 GM's are screwing the pooch here. And you guys are sooooooooooooooo much smarter than all these guys making millions to evaluate talent and sign the "best" player to a contract.

I'll remember that when I buy my own team. I'll just come here for advice from you high IQ folks who are so good at Madden football 2004.

So the 2 GM's are screwing the pooch here.  And you guys are sooooooooooooooo much smarter than all these guys making millions to evaluate talent and sign the "best" player to a contract. 

I'll remember that when I buy my own team.  I'll just come here for advice from you high IQ folks who are so good at Madden football 2004.

250177[/snapback]

it's a discussion board about football.

So the 2 GM's are screwing the pooch here.  And you guys are sooooooooooooooo much smarter than all these guys making millions to evaluate talent and sign the "best" player to a contract. 

I'll remember that when I buy my own team.  I'll just come here for advice from you high IQ folks who are so good at Madden football 2004.

250177[/snapback]

One of these GMs signed the "washed up for a half decade" Vinnie Testaverde? Sheer genius.

One of these GMs signed the "washed up for a half decade" Vinnie Testaverde?  Sheer genius.

250180[/snapback]

;):lol:

AND brought ME-Shawn to his team when Tampa decided it would be better to cut him during the season and still pay him, rather than play him.

And how did Eddie George work out in Dallas?

;)

They don't sell PBR down here. Do they still have it in Buffalo? Even in college, the most desperate we got was Golden Anniversary (it was $6.99 for a CASE - 24 beers! and that was only 5 years ago).

250176[/snapback]

Fox Deluxe. $3.99 for a 24-bottle case over 20 years ago.

Always kept some in the fridge in case I wanted to get rid of unwanted company.

Bring out the Fox, and the place cleared fast. ;)

it's a discussion board about football.

250179[/snapback]

No this isn't. This is a person saying that Drew is up there on stage trying to find a job. He isn't. He is way beyond that , and to compare him to Hung is idiotic. The Bills and now Dallas, and their "FOOTBALL" knowledgable staff feel he is a starting quality NFL QB.

This is pure stupidity and hatred towards a guy who helped the Bills become respectable again. Of course we could still have RJ or Todd Collins, and be playing in LA. ;)

He deserves better than this from us. I know and you know we were never going to win the Super Bowl with Drew, especially with everything else lacking offensively on this team. But this is not football discussion.

;)  :lol:

AND brought ME-Shawn to his team when Tampa decided it would be better to cut him during the season and still pay him, rather than play him.

;)

250182[/snapback]

Kind of the same way Eddie Robinson worked out in Buffalo, eh? So, what's your point?

No this isn't.  This is a person saying that Drew is up there on stage trying to find a job.  He isn't.  He is way beyond that , and to compare him to Hung is idiotic.  The Bills and now Dallas, and their "FOOTBALL" knowledgable staff feel he is a starting quality NFL QB. 

This is pure stupidity and hatred towards a guy who helped the Bills become respectable again.  Of course we could still have RJ or Todd Collins, and be playing in LA.    ;)

He deserves better than this from us.  I know and you know we were never going to win the Super Bowl with Drew, especially with everything else lacking offensively on this team.  But this is not football discussion.

250187[/snapback]

You're giving Bledsoe WAAAAAAAAAY too much credit. You really think we'd be in LA without his awesome 3 years here? He sold tickets for 3/4 of one season. We he started to suck, people didn't buy tickets to go see Bledsoe play.

And why does everyone think he brought "respectability back". IT WAS NEVER GONE. It's called parity. We went through salary cap hell. We dealt with Todd Collins for a while. We hadn't lost respectability.

That is just so over dramatic.

;)  :lol:

;)

250182[/snapback]

How did Panos, Farris, or Charles Johnson work out for the Bills.

LOL, damn VABILLS, Farris was the guy I was trying to think of.  I wanted to add him with Eddie.  This Drew bashing stuff is getting unreal.

Nice post!

250196[/snapback]

I was going to add Shaw, Chris Watson and Hobert but thought that might be piling on.

That is just so over dramatic.

250191[/snapback]

LMAO, you as a Bledsoe basher, saying something is "so over-dramatic"? Yeah OK, Stoj.

And yeah, I have been attending Bills games since about 1984, but when we got Drew, I actually decided to get season tickets for the first time. Partially because that's when I could finally afford them, and Drew's signing put that over the top. So yeah, count me in as one who Drew persuaded. I, as was probably about 95% of this board, and Bills nation, THRILLED when he got here.

I wish we had archives to the board the day he signed on here. It was euphoria!

LMAO, you as a Bledsoe basher, saying something is "so over-dramatic"?  Yeah OK, Stoj.

And yeah, I have been attending Bills games since about 1984, but when we got Drew, I actually decided to get season tickets for the first time.  Partially because that's when I could finally afford them, and Drew's signing put that over the top.  So yeah, count me in as one who Drew persuaded.  I, as was probably about 95% of this board, and Bills nation, THRILLED when he got here.

I wish we had archives to the board the day he signed on here.  It was euphoria!

250208[/snapback]

I was thirlled when he got here. But as we know, it didn't work out. He played great for 8 games, then went to complete sh--. Everyone says he brought us back to respectability. Yes, that is OVER DRAMATIC. We never lost it...