Bledsoe reminds me of American Idol

Dennis in NC

I was thirlled when he got here. But as we know, it didn't work out. He played great for 8 games, then went to complete sh--.  Everyone says he brought us back to respectability. Yes, that is OVER DRAMATIC. We never lost it...

250214[/snapback]

Yeah, we never lost it. We had so much of it when we were lead by Todd Collins, Rob Johnson, Doug Flutie, and Wade Phillips I guess.

Hey, I'm only using the boards OVERWHELMING football knowledge against your own argument.

I think we are getting just a LITTLE out of hand with this stuff.....

Drew Bledsoe WAS ONCE UPON A TIME A VERY GOOD QUARTERBACK

Two bad things happed......

He started slipping.....

The game changed....got faster.....

I dont think it is fair to take away the good things he had done over his career

250158[/snapback]

Only one bad thing happened to Drew & he did it to himself. Instead of working on his game improving himself in the offseason, He went home and forgot about football. If he had worked on his game and learned to throw the short pass with touch instead of into the ground, as well as read defences he could have been great.

I was going to add Shaw, Chris Watson and Hobert but thought that might be piling on.

250201[/snapback]

Wait a minute...so whose point are you trying to make here?

You started your agument saying GM's were so much smarter than everyone else becaue they are paid millions to evaluate talent, and then you give multiple examples of how our GM's have screwed up.

Good job.

Wait a minute...so whose point are you trying to make here?

You started your agument saying GM's were so much smarter than everyone else becaue they are paid millions to evaluate talent, and then you give multiple examples of how our GM's have screwed up.

Good job.

250286[/snapback]

I am making the point that GM's are a lot more knowledgable then us, and they make mistake. How many people here were exited when Farris, Panos, Shaw, Hobert, etc.etc.. were signed.

How many wanted us to sign David Boston, Kevin Johnson, Even I wanted Tai Streets last year?

The American Idol folks that say "my mother says I can make it to the top!" or "my friends all think I'm a great singer".

Very often they are delusional.  Nice of their parents and friends to prop them up, when they can't really sing worth beans.

250141[/snapback]

That is a perfect comparison. Drew's parents, wife, kids, friends are all telling him he's still great and will go to the HOF and that evil Simon, err TD, is not being fair, yada, yada. As Simon would say, "Drew, you were dreadful. I've seen better performances in the arena league."

The American Idol folks that say "my mother says I can make it to the top!" or "my friends all think I'm a great singer".

Very often they are delusional.  Nice of their parents and friends to prop them up, when they can't really sing worth beans.

Well, now Drew has a big star on his helmet and I'm sure that will make him feel a bit better about himself.  "This is my team"

"oops no, THIS is my team"

250141[/snapback]

right on