I don't even know what the best case scenario is anymore

Virgil

Best case scenario is that Pegs finally wakes up and does a complete & thorough house-cleaning.

Sorry, I don't see it, not at all.

Pegs is the one responsible for hiring Rex. Whaley didn't want him. The Pegulas are part of the problem, not the solution.

There is a really good chance we start this season 0-4. Even if the team figures things out, gets healthy and people back from suspensions, the playoffs are out the window after that. Clawing back to 8-8 would mean nothing.

I really didn't think the team would take such a step back after one year. I really believed the offense would only get better. I believed the D wouldn't be that bad without Dareus.

But here's the facts as I see them:

Stubborness

Roman refuses to understand that his offense is about 10 years too late. It can work in the right situation, but it got him out of SanFran, and it's not working here. He was surprised he didn't get a HC job interview? Really?!

Rex finally got his 4-6 defense. Blitzes to a fault. Gets picked apart for almost 400 yards by Fitz. FITZ! And a 100 yard rusher btw. Now, were we good against the Ravens or were the Ravens not that great? I think we are going to find out the sad truth these next two weeks.

Rex also hired his trainwreck of a brother for what, to prove a point? Point made sir, he's terrible and it's going to cost you your job.

TT

Something is very wrong here. I don't know how he has regressed so much through 2 games. He wasn't a world beater last year, but he could make all the throws. He may not have made them to the middle of the field, but he hit the ones he made. This is really bothering me and I just don't understand it.

Watkins/Woods/Clay

I feel terrible for these guys. I believe in their talent and are being under-utilized by Roman and TT can't hit them. It's hard to watch.

We are the worst franchise in Sports

This is a tough pill to swallow. We look like a real team. We show moments of a real franchise. We see the futility of other teams like the Browns, Sabres, Rays and yet they've all found a way to make the playoffs in the past 15 years. Yes, it's hard to win in the NFL, but every other team in all of sports has done it at least one in the past 15 years. It's us. I don't know why it's us. I don't know what we do that's so terrible. I don't know what the FANS have done to deserve this. But we are just a cursed franchise.

Overall

I can't remember the last time I knew the season was over after only 2 games. This is a terrible feeling and I'm sure I'm over-reacting a lot. With the Cards and the Pats coming up, I see no possible future for us. I see no reason to believe that Rex will figure this out, as he hasn't in over 5 years. I've never seen anything from Roman to believe he can get it done. I do believe we have the talent. I really do. And I KNOW this fanbase deserves better.

I'm just !@#$ing done right now. It's late, I'm tired. I'm pissed and emotional that my favorite team of my favorite sport is over only 5 days into the season.

I will say this, you have really been hitting it out of the park lately with your takes. I just really wish you were wrong :cry:

Watkins/Woods/Clay

I feel terrible for these guys. I believe in their talent and are being under-utilized by Roman and TT can't hit them. It's hard to watch.

We are the worst franchise in Sports

This is a tough pill to swallow. We look like a real team. We show moments of a real franchise. We see the futility of other teams like the Browns, Sabres, Rays and yet they've all found a way to make the playoffs in the past 15 years. Yes, it's hard to win in the NFL, but every other team in all of sports has done it at least one in the past 15 years. It's us. I don't know why it's us. I don't know what we do that's so terrible. I don't know what the FANS have done to deserve this. But we are just a cursed franchise.

Overall

I can't remember the last time I knew the season was over after only 2 games. This is a terrible feeling and I'm sure I'm over-reacting a lot. With the Cards and the Pats coming up, I see no possible future for us. I see no reason to believe that Rex will figure this out, as he hasn't in over 5 years. I've never seen anything from Roman to believe he can get it done. I do believe we have the talent. I really do. And I KNOW this fanbase deserves better.

I'm just !@#$ing done right now. It's late, I'm tired. I'm pissed and emotional that my favorite team of my favorite sport is over only 5 days into the season.

Watkins/Woods/Clay - Bills fans and I fear Bills management consistently overrate their personnel. Watkins is damn good, but as the ever-annoying Phil Simms said tonight, "there's about 50 of these guys" (big framed extremely athletic receivers) in the NFL now. No, I'm not saying he's merely a top 50 guy, but I am saying that he is the kind of transformational/game-changing guy like a peak level Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson, or a current Antonio Brown. Clay: there's a reason he was kind of an under-the-radar guy as someone who is ostensibly a Pro Bowl-level TE. He just disappears for long periods of time. Woods: I'm not sure Hogan isn't better, which isn't meant as great praise for Hogan. Compare the Jets tonight: Brandon Marshall - sneaking up on HOF stats, and still really as good as ever. Eric Decker - destroyed us tonight. Quincy Enunwa - same thing. And that's the talent that was available in the 6th round in the 2014 draft. They're just plain better.

... and obviously Rex and Rob have grossly overrated the talent of their corners. Gilmore and Darby as "shutdown corners" is more wishful thinking than reality. They're perfectly good, maybe even top tier corners. But in today's NFL they will be beaten - regularly and badly - by the top receiver, and in some cases the top 2 receivers (Jets) when left on an island with them. They would have to be truly elite corners like Revis in 2010 to pull this off. But then again, Rex is living in 2010.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

Watkins/Woods/Clay - Bills fans and I fear Bills management consistently overrate their personnel. Watkins is damn good, but as the ever-annoying Phil Simms said tonight, "there's about 50 of these guys" (big framed extremely athletic receivers) in the NFL now. No, I'm not saying he's merely a top 50 guy, but I am saying that he is the kind of transformational/game-changing guy like a peak level Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson, or a current Antonio Brown. Clay: there's a reason he was kind of an under-the-radar guy as someone who is ostensibly a Pro Bowl-level TE. He just disappears for long periods of time. Woods: I'm not sure Hogan isn't better, which isn't meant as great praise for Hogan. Compare the Jets tonight: Brandon Marshall - sneaking up on HOF stats, and still really as good as ever. Eric Decker - destroyed us tonight. Quincy Enunwa - same thing. And that's the talent that was available in the 6th round in the 2014 draft. They're just plain better.

... and obviously Rex and Rob have grossly overrated the talent of their corners. Gilmore and Darby as "shutdown corners" is more wishful thinking than reality. They're perfectly good, maybe even top tier corners. But in today's NFL they will be beaten - regularly and badly - by the top receiver, and in some cases the top 2 receivers (Jets) when left on an island with them. They would have to be truly elite corners like Revis in 2010 to pull this off. But then again, Rex is living in 2010.

I have to disagree here. Statistically, these guys were monsters last year. Darby was second in ROY voting.

I believe they just got torched tonight

I have to disagree here. Statistically, these guys were monsters last year. Darby was second in ROY voting.

I believe they just got torched tonight

Oh, I believe they're good. They're just not good enough to handle Brandon Marshall (or tonight, even Eric Decker) without any help. And my point is that I don't think any CB is good enough either. The flaw is in the scheme and in Rex and Rob having too much confidence in their CBs. I know they wanted to get pressure on Fitz, but when it isn't working through about 40 minutes of football, you gotta think about trying something else ...