Kaepernick and the National Anthem

On 8/27/2016 at 7:35 AM, dwight in philly said:

i think he and his "stand" of not standing up for the anthem is symbolic of the a$$h*&les that permeate the NFL and sports in general these day.. and as always :JMHO..

On 8/27/2016 at 7:41 AM, chknwing334 said:

He has the right to sit during the anthem and I have the right to call him a whiny B word that should appreciate the fact that an !@#$ like him can earn an amazing living in this great country.

Now whose the whiny B a$$ho1es.....he was right all along and the racist world just ignored or vilified him.

On 5/29/2020 at 10:41 PM, Rob's House said:

Anyone else notice that the people who are quick to remind you that freedom of speech doesn't apply to private businesses when a right winger gets expelled from social media for controversial comments are the same people who are outraged when a private business doesn't want it's employees conducting controversial "protests" on company time wearing the company logo?

You can turn that around on the right too though with those who complain about Trump being censored on a private company (Twitter) yet condemned Kaepernick kneeling on company time.  I don't know if you're one of those people but there's plenty on both sides who are hypocritical and will twist themselves into pretzels when trying to explain their inconsistencies. 

9 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

You can turn that around on the right too though with those who complain about Trump being censored on a private company (Twitter) yet condemned Kaepernick kneeling on company time.  I don't know if you're one of those people but there's plenty on both sides who are hypocritical and will twist themselves into pretzels when trying to explain their inconsistencies. 

I’m sorry, but an NFL field is not the place to be protesting IMO. The national anthem is really designed to honor those men and women who served in the military and in some instances gave their lives/lost limbs doing so. If players want to raise awareness for these issues there are other ways to do so that don’t require the use of their employers platform. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

I’m sorry, but an NFL field is not the place to be protesting IMO. The national anthem is really designed to honor those men and women who served in the military and in some instances gave their lives/lost limbs doing so. If players want to raise awareness for these issues there are other ways to do so that don’t require the use of their employers platform. 

It's okay.