Are we sleeping on this team?

i think there is a lot of people sleeping on this team, both fans and the media. A full and healthy roster and this team is a serious threat in the AFC IMO. Unfortunately, injuries, suspensions, etc have thinned us out in some key areas leaving a lot of question marks on how the guys stepping will work out.

I think Rex has this team on track and people are foolish to dismiss the accomplishment of going 8-8 after one of the worst years of injuries I have seen...not to mention, all the other challenges already in play besides the injuries with a first year starting QB, new offensive and defensive systems, playing in a tough division last year, etc

good post... :thumbsup:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one going into 1987 thought the Bills were going to become the dominant AFC team of the 90s.

In 1987 the Buffalo Bills hired ex-Colt head coach Ted Marchibroda as QB's coach and later on promoted him to OC in 1989. Right after I had read that they signed him I went to the Bills ticket office and bought my four season tickets which I held until 1994. My younger brother was a big Colts, Bert Jones fan so we knew the impact that Marchibroda would have in Buffalo.

Later on It was tough for me to see the Colts rehire ole Ted away from Buffalo and when Bill Polian left it was another hit to the gut. The Bills also drafted Shane Conlan and Nate Odomes with their first two picks in 87 and I think most Bills fans I knew and talked to at the time realized that the Bills were going to be special very soon.

On a side note, I was heartbroken that the Colts had drafted the Biscuit out of Alabama that year and my brother was rubbing it in my nose all the way up to that Halloween blockbuster trade.

In 1987 the Buffalo Bills hired ex-Colt head coach Ted Marchibroda as QB's coach and later on promoted him to OC in 1989. Right after I had read that they signed him I went to the Bills ticket office and bought my four season tickets which I held until 1994. My younger brother was a big Colts, Bert Jones fan so we knew the impact that Marchibroda would have in Buffalo.

Later on It was tough for me to see the Colts rehire ole Ted away from Buffalo and when Bill Polian left it was another hit to the gut. The Bills also drafted Shane Conlan and Nate Odomes with their first two picks in 87 and I think most Bills fans I knew and talked to at the time realized that the Bills were going to be special very soon.

On a side note, I was heartbroken that the Colts had drafted the Biscuit out of Alabama that year and my brother was rubbing it in my nose all the way up to that Halloween blockbuster trade.

Obviously you didn't have the benefit of the internet to tell you you were drinking the kool-aid.

I fully agree wrt Tyrod. Did you see the move he put on that pass rusher when he made the guy fall? I think the kid can be great, I really do.

Rex? How about we agree to disagree and hope that your take and not mine is correct. :)

By competent, I don't think Rex's D will be great, nor will they be a trainwreck. They will be good enough to win with though if Roman takes the training wheels off TT and he starts lighting things up. TT can be that damn good, but he has to stay on the field, or it will be disaster-time unless Cardale can pull off another miracle.