Canadian TV Over the air in OP?

yall

Does anyone know if you can pick up CBC/Canadian Television Stations in OP with an antenna? I’m having a party for the last Tragically Hip show, and would prefer to have a more reliable solution (or at least a back up) to streaming.

Some OTA maps seem to indicate I wouldn’t be able to receive a signal, but I have trouble believing that OP can’t get a CBC station.

Does anyone know if you can pick up CBC/Canadian Television Stations in OP with an antenna? I’m having a party for the last Tragically Hip show, and would prefer to have a more reliable solution (or at least a back up) to streaming.

Some OTA maps seem to indicate I wouldn’t be able to receive a signal, but I have trouble believing that OP can’t get a CBC station.

There is supposed to be a public viewing of that CBC broadcast set up in Larkin Square. As for Orchard Park, HDTV signals don't carry as far as old fashioned analog used to.

According to this web app, you can't get CBC in OP.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Canada uses the same HDTV system we do. You won't get them over the air in OP. But isn't CBLT on local cable anyway?

Cable yes, FIOS no (-1 FIOS).

Looks like I will be streaming, which isn't a huge issue, since I have 75/75 internet (+1 FIOS). Between my firestick and a hardwire connection from my PC<->Router I should be ok with those two options. Maybe I'll get lucky and some station on FIOS would carry it.

Larkin party sounds fun, but my in-ground pool, outdoor 16'x9' projection screen, tiki bar and kegerator sounds better. ;)

Edited by yall

Cable yes, FIOS no (-1 FIOS).

Looks like I will be streaming, which isn't a huge issue, since I have 75/75 internet (+1 FIOS). Between my firestick and a hardwire connection from my PC<->Router I should be ok with those two options. Maybe I'll get lucky and some station on FIOS would carry it.

Larkin party sounds fun, but my in-ground pool, outdoor 16'x9' projection screen, tiki bar and kegerator sounds better. ;)

Be sure you can access that Canadian stream. It could be blocked in the USA. Look into a VPN to get around that.

Be sure you can access that Canadian stream. It could be blocked in the USA. Look into a VPN to get around that.

It most certainly IS blocked, thanks for the heads up.

Do you recommend VPN or some other DNS proxy?