Sammy Watkins: 'It will be sad' if Rex Ryan fired

Ask the Jets fans how sad they were....

Anyway, if he doesn't get his "numbers", Sammy will go from "it will be sad" to "they're makin me look bad".

I'm not a big fan of Rex, I think he is a blowhard, but the Jets problems were and are more than Rex. If Sammy doesn't get his numbers wouldn't that be more on Roman?

I tend to agree with Sammy here. When I look at the current franchises that have had success, I see teams that have had their HC's for awhile. Seattle didn't punt on Carroll after his first two 7-9 seasons. Cincy didn't fire Lewis after even his first 6 seasons where he had only one year above 0.500. That was in year 3. In the 16 years without sniffing the playoffs, the Bills have had 8 HC's. That's Just too many IMO. While I am expecting the playoffs this year, I wouldn't be so quick to fire Rex if they didn't make it. Regardless of record, if we see more consistency on offense and defense, then I'll be satisfied they're heading in the right direction.

Based on what?

2 games against them last year in which Ryan Fitzpatrick **** the bed?

Rex, along with Idzik left that team in shambles.

I'm glad they beat the Jets twice last year. Unfortunately they were inconsistent in the other 14 games on the schedule and the Jets were more consistent and better prepared in more games.

It was bait dude. He's trolling. Edited by FireChan

I tend to agree with Sammy here. When I look at the current franchises that have had success, I see teams that have had their HC's for awhile. Seattle didn't punt on Carroll after his first two 7-9 seasons. Cincy didn't fire Lewis after even his first 6 seasons where he had only one year above 0.500. That was in year 3. In the 16 years without sniffing the playoffs, the Bills have had 8 HC's. That's Just too many IMO. While I am expecting the playoffs this year, I wouldn't be so quick to fire Rex if they didn't make it. Regardless of record, if we see more consistency on offense and defense, then I'll be satisfied they're heading in the right direction.

I agree with this.. :thumbsup:

Based on what?

2 games against them last year in which Ryan Fitzpatrick **** the bed?

Rex, along with Idzik left that team in shambles.

I'm glad they beat the Jets twice last year. Unfortunately they were inconsistent in the other 14 games on the schedule and the Jets were more consistent and better prepared in more games.

Rex went to the AFC championship in his first year with the Jets... With Sanchez.

Todd on the other hand lost to Rex twice and failed to make it to the playoffs his first year. This year is going to be worse for the Jets and just going to keep going downhill.

Idzik is the one who didn't sign his CB and drafted garbage.

It was bait dude. He's trolling.

Wasn't troll bait but you aren't much of a football talker so I expected that response. Edited by Beef Jerky

Rex went to the AFC championship with his first year as the Jets... With Sanchez.

Todd on the other hand lost to Rex twice and failed to make it to the playoffs his first year. This year is going to be worse for the Jets and just going to keep going downhill.

Wasn't troll bait but you aren't much of a football talker so I expected that response.

Yeah it was. It was an offhand comment designed to throw this topic of the rails because some posters can't resist replying to the nonsense. You'll have to try again.

Shouldn't be ushering him out the door in two years, shouldn't be letting him hand pick players either. If Whaley and Rex are incapable of having an unbiased approach to drafting players and signing players then they both need to go. This morning Patriots Homer radio was laughing at us for putting Rex on the "hot seat" before the start of his second season.

If your going to revamp a defense it's going to take time, from looking at the defensive side of the roster it looks like an unfinished product. Some nice pieces that don't fit very well together, and some obvious support/depth pieces missing. Another year of IK .....chug chug chug.

After last season ended we all thought Mario's "production" would easily be replaced ...guess the front office really wanted to put that too the test by drafting an injured Shaq and doing nothing else to address it.

What will be even sadder is if Sammy doesn't heal completely, misses any games whatsoever, isn't 100% for all 16 games, or very close to that, and otherwise doesn't justify another season of that ridiculous trade to land him. That should rank a little higher on the minds of Bills fans than a coach that has had his team in the playoffs in one season out of 7 seasons as a head coach and one who saw his rookie/novice successor bump his former team's offensive scoring ranking by 17 spots and the defensive ranking by 15 spots while Ryan took a top-5 defense and knocked it down to average.

I'm not a big fan of Rex, I think he is a blowhard, but the Jets problems were and are more than Rex.

See above. Possibly, but that addition by subtraction move doesn't speak very well to support that notion.

Ryan is his own worst enemy. It's one thing to not live up to the standards and promises that others or the owner or FO make, it's completely another to fail miserably on the very promises that you yourself make as he's done.

Ryan controls his own destiny. This team has enough talent such that if well-coached can at least post 10 wins.

If offensive injuries factor in, then maybe Ryan shouldn't have put all of his eggs into the D basket and maybe shouldn't have listened to his son instead of other more very well versed people in selecting a player in the 1st round that won't assist in achieving his goals this season. As well, with Sammy being a perpetual injury puppy, perhaps they should have taken a good WR much higher up in the Draft as well.

Ryan knows defense, or at least that's the press on him, so he goes all-in on D. Roman's an outdated OC and by choosing to rely on him Ryan has seemingly made his own bed here. Now it's time to lie in it, for better or for worse. There won't be much argument, other than contractual, that Ryan isn't a good coach if he cannot get at least 8 wins from this team, injuries or not.

Yeah it was. It was an offhand comment designed to throw this topic of the rails because some posters can't resist replying to the nonsense. You'll have to try again.

One day you will say something about football and maybe people will even agree with it. Until then keep trolling.

Rex went to the AFC championship in his first year with the Jets... With Sanchez.

Wasn't troll bait but you aren't much of a football talker so I expected that response.

What was the Jets record for the 2 years before Idzik was hired?

Bills had a better team this year yet Rex didn't make the playoffs his first year either.

Jets fans don't miss Rex.

What was the Jets record for the 2 years before Idzik was hired?

Bills had a better team this year yet Rex didn't make the playoffs his first year either.

Jets fans don't miss Rex.

They do trust me, I live here. Bills had injury problems, watch what happens this year with he jets continued decline.

They do trust me, I live here. Bills had injury problems, watch what happens this year with he jets continued decline.

Trust me, they don't. You might, but they really don't.

The Ryan brothers are well known for letting the blame for their coaching deficits fall on others. Every team has injuries, but the Bills were a better roster last year and were never playing a win and in game. The coaching issues, especially on D, were well documented.

I live here too. My entire family are jets fans and I listen to WFAN on a daily basis. Some do, but most don't miss Rex. They had enough after his last 4 seasons there.

And that will quickly happen to the Elizabeth home grown coach also. And this all come from my OP of Rex is better then Todd.

Trust me, they don't. You might, but they really don't.

The Ryan brothers are well known for letting the blame for their coaching deficits fall on others. Every team has injuries, but the Bills were a better roster last year and were never playing a win and in game. The coaching issues, especially on D, were well documented.

So we're the injuries.