USA Today: Time for Rex and Company to Deliver in Buffalo

@usatoday_nfl

Time for Rex and Co. to deliver in Buffalo (via @LorenzoGReyes): http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bills/2016/07/12/offseason-report-rex-ryan-buffalo/86982028/

The Rex Ryan era for the Buffalo Bills began as expected: with a lot of talk and bluster.

The results, however, have been uneven.

What was most concerning was that the team's defense, known as Ryan's specialty, regressed significantly.

But despite internal griping from some players who were asked to perform roles they weren't accustomed to, such as former defensive end Mario Williams dropping into coverage, the Bills still finished 8-8 and were just a few poor performances away from a playoff spot.

I'm really sick of the Buffalo News writing all this negative stuff.

LOL

Yeah, not as if there's anything negative to back up their basis, eh.

I mean it's not as if we're the current as well as the now historical record holders for playoff futility and haven't made the playoffs since the '90s or anything.

It's not as if our 1st-round draft picks under Whaley aren't all contributing. I mean who can possibly argue that Whaley hasn't done all that he could do as Asst. GM/Director of Personnel & GM with the performances that five 1st-rounders for Spiller, Lawson, Watkins, & EJ "the It Factor" Manuel have provided and the combined numbers of starts that they all will have following this season.

And by all means, who could possibly argue that our selection of coaches isn't beyond reproach.

Clearly the Buffalo News and anyone being negative about this team simply don't know what they're talking about.

If Watkins isn't 100% for most of this season I suspect we'll be hard-pressed to win more than 4 or 5 games. I'm curious what the opinions will be if that happens.

In the meantime I guess we're supposed to revel in the notion that our starting WRs could very well be Woods & Hankerson and our starting RB a rookie that hasn't even played in two seasons.

Meanwhile, defensively, our 1st-round pick won't even be a significant factor this season if at all and our D otherwise has bled talent.

Who could possibly complain.

:rolleyes:

One season.

They can prove everyone that is critical wrong in the first four weeks.

On the contrary, if they do not, then any negative press will have been and continue to be earned.

Pegula can look at himself in the mirror if the team doesn't turn things around this season. And if he doesn't fire both Whaley & Ryan if not he'll merely have proven that he really doesn't care about winning but cares more about building a little empire in downtown Buffalo instead.

Edited by TaskersGhost

so rex has one season and goes 8-8 but DM was given a longer leash? cause blowing up the coaching staff and starting over again will make it better. most nil teams flip every 3 years and thats awful and forms no continuity. but some of you want the bills to do it every 2 years now? doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.......insanity

i don't understand people not liking what whaley has done. he has gotten more talent together than most other NFL teams have in that same amount of time.