Good play by Butler

Pretty sure he makes the team. Filled in nicely last year and he has the right hair.

So then how many and what CBs are you keeping? Gilmore, Darby, Seymour, Robey, Butler, Corey White, Sterling Moore...I think it will be very difficult for him to make the roster.

So then how many and what CBs are you keeping? Gilmore, Darby, Seymour, Robey, Butler, Corey White, Sterling Moore...I think it will be very difficult for him to make the roster.

Butler got some nice comments from Rex last year post season ?

Corey White and Sterling Moore and Butler are likely battling.

If Robey does not show in TC he might be a bubble guy. Love the kid but he struggled last year. He has to get the right matchups

If Robey does not show in TC he might be a bubble guy. Love the kid but he struggled last year. He has to get the right matchups

ps

the other issue might be that Graham, A.Williams and Blanton even, have CB exp. So as you mentioned. How many CBs do the Bills keep.

Also who can go to PS. Seymore is the only, i think??

Edited by 3rdand12

ps

the other issue might be that Graham, A.Williams and Blanton even, have CB exp. So as you mentioned. How many CBs do the Bills keep.

Also who can go to PS. Seymore is the only, i think??

I see Gils, Darby, White, Moore, Seymour, Moore...Thats if all reports r true that Seymour is doing as well as he is...If not I could see him going to the practice squad and Robey being in. I think Butler is a goner..

I see Gils, Darby, White, Moore, Seymour, Moore...Thats if all reports r true that Seymour is doing as well as he is...If not I could see him going to the practice squad and Robey being in. I think Butler is a goner..

Why do you feel White and Moore have a leg up on Butler?

ST's ?

I recall his mental errors and penalties but he showed improvement.

keeping six eh?

Last year's CB corps was Gilmore, Darby, Robey, McKelvin, Brooks, Butler, yes? So we lose two, add three. True enough, at minimum one of those guys will not make the roster. I would feel inclined to give Butler the upper hand because he was with the team last year and played well in camp and when called upon to play. But White has some experience with Rob Ryan and Sterling Moore wasn't bad in Tampa. It'll be an interesting battle to watch.

I see Butler on this team, but I think a lot depends on where Seymour ends up. For me I see it like this:

On the outside - Gilmore and Darby are the starters..... that leaves two back up spots.... Corey White, Mario Butler and Kevon Seymour are the possibles. But White and Seymour are also guys I think could end up competing for the slot. If they feel that those two guys plus Robey is sufficient slot depth then they cut Sterling Moore and Butler stays. If, however, Seymour ends up as the next man up on the outside (which he has been through OTAs) then Butler could be in trouble.

I like Butler though, I think he has talent. I'd rather let a Sterling Moor or Corey White below average vet go than a young player who I still think can develop.

I think Darby Gils Seymour and Moore r outside w white and Robey competing for the slot. Butler will make it only if Seymour goes to practice squad. Moore offers more diversity than Butler IMO.

I see Butler on this team, but I think a lot depends on where Seymour ends up. For me I see it like this:

On the outside - Gilmore and Darby are the starters..... that leaves two back up spots.... Corey White, Mario Butler and Kevon Seymour are the possibles. But White and Seymour are also guys I think could end up competing for the slot. If they feel that those two guys plus Robey is sufficient slot depth then they cut Sterling Moore and Butler stays. If, however, Seymour ends up as the next man up on the outside (which he has been through OTAs) then Butler could be in trouble.

I like Butler though, I think he has talent. I'd rather let a Sterling Moor or Corey White below average vet go than a young player who I still think can develop.

Butler is older than White and Moore though.

The only thing I didnt like about Butler is when Gilmore went out hurt that game last year the QB IMMEDIATELY starting picking on him and got burned for a touchdown.

If your a barely making the team corner you HAVE to make impact plays or your gonna get pushed down the trough or cut

Of course they did ! and i was freaking out.

But i think he held hi own once the jitters wore off.

as mentioned, should be good battle. and See More is not likely to remain on Bills PS after all the hype from coaches.

Is Whaley doing a nice job here ?

Of course they did ! and i was freaking out.

But i think he held hi own once the jitters wore off.

as mentioned, should be good battle. and See More is not likely to remain on Bills PS after all the hype from coaches.

Is Whaley doing a nice job here ?

This is gonna be a big evaluation year for Whaley

I mean what if guys like Seymore end up being gems? What if Dez Lewis actually ends up being a player?

I try not to get to into "every player is gonna be a stud player" thing.......but there are signs here and there that late round drafted guys actually have some talent (and at key positions)

This is gonna be a big evaluation year for Whaley

I mean what if guys like Seymore end up being gems? What if Dez Lewis actually ends up being a player?

I try not to get to into "every player is gonna be a stud player" thing.......but there are signs here and there that late round drafted guys actually have some talent (and at key positions)

Well, i was being a bit sarcastic. Some folks have had it out for Dougie.

I think Coaching is the real difference. This Offense is chock full of very very good Coaches and Lal and Lyn are two of them. Add Kromer and Morris and we might have something !!

IMHO Whaley has done just fine overall.

Seymour and White are currently ahead of Butler on the depth chart. At least the last one that I've looked at anyway. There's been a lot of praise for Seymour thus far, and he seems to be pretty much slotted to be the #3/dime corner. When all is said and done, Butler looks decent, but I just don't see him on the opening day roster.