How much do YOU love the Bills?

there's probably old dudes with Montreal Expos and Hartford Whalers tattoos

In 2009, I was talking to this guy at a dive bar in Atlanta. He was a huge hockey fan. I think I had a Sabres shirt on or something..............So, he shows me his huge Thrashers tattoo.............A year or two later - they're gone!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like hot dogs ?

No, probably not hot dogs. Honestly, this Rex Ryan era has me enjoying the Bills the least I ever have. If I wasn't a Bills fan, I would think that the Bills are the most fuct up mess of an organization in the entire league. Absolute laughing stock/side show in a league where most teams take winning games a lot more seriously than the Bills do. I'm still a fan ... but I'm thoroughly disgusted with this team and likely will be until they Ryans are gone.

Yea I still love the Bills. Grew up in Western NY and watched the Browns more as a kid. When I lived in Buffalo from 1977 my love grew. Team started getting better after OJ was traded and I went to a lot of games. Moved to Miami and endured torture from local fans in mid 80s. Moved to Washington and made it back to Western NY during Super bowl era, but never made it to a live game. Finally bought tickets and flew back to a game when Flutie was there. I haven't been back to the stadium since as the Canadian fans were so annoying and the aluminum seats were really cold (I really wasn't prepared for cold weather game even though I came in from Chicago)

I've been in New England since 2001 and have attended a few games at Gillette. Met some great Bills fans there but as you can imagine and expensive waste of money.

I still watch the Bills every week as a Direct TV Sunday ticket subscriber since 2001. I'm finding it harder and harder to commit my time, but I'll probably keep watching and hoping. I know I feel better when they win and am now finding it easier to get over the losses. Still a Sabres fan too!

I love them but I have thought about divorce on occasion.

I have been less interested this year. I couldn't tell you the why - just not into the team as much.

I was a big Fred Jackson fan and since he's left, eh.

I love them but I have thought about divorce on occasion.

I have been less interested this year. I couldn't tell you the why - just not into the team as much.

I was a big Fred Jackson fan and since he's left, eh.

It's hard to maintain interest in a crappy team that's been crappy for so long. The Mets have had plenty of stretches where they simply sucked. I watched less games as a result, simply because it was crappy baseball. But I always wanted them to win and always looked at the standings, etc. When they're good (like now), I'm more likely to watch games, because it's good baseball.

With the Bills, I still watch over 90% of their games, no matter what. It's a short season and I like football. Last year was the first time, ever as a Bills fan, that I just went numb. I hate the feeling, but what the hell - it's just a sport. I'll watch the games this year, like every other year. But the losses won't get me upset the way they used to. I just can't wait for the Ryans to be gone so I can enjoy the team again.

i admit it ! I have never loved a sports team.

A rabid fan of the Bills though.

I enjoy learning details and reading opinions. This site has taught me more about the intricacies of the game then i would have imagined.

Thanks everyone.

I will follow them as long as i can tolerate the NFL in general. And the Buffalo Bills are the Only team i follow !

Go Bills !

I've been a Bills fan since the mid-70's and will continue to be a fan of them in the NFL or no one at all. I grew up roughly 20 miles South of what used to be Rich Stadium. Living in Chicago, I'll root for and watch the Bears if they put together a good team, but the Bills are #1. I will follow the Bills if they have a chance at the playoffs. If/when they're eliminated or are clearly just not good enough to have a chance, I turn them off. A 6-3 record going into the BYE week would make me optimistic this season. A 3-6 record and I'm pretty much mailing it in.

I've been a Bills fan since the mid-70's and will continue to be a fan of them in the NFL or no one at all. I grew up roughly 20 miles South of what used to be Rich Stadium. Living in Chicago, I'll root for and watch the Bears if they put together a good team, but the Bills are #1. I will follow the Bills if they have a chance at the playoffs. If/when they're eliminated or are clearly just not good enough to have a chance, I turn them off. A 6-3 record going into the BYE week would make me optimistic this season. A 3-6 record and I'm pretty much mailing it in.

I am glutton Luxy.

I will watch each game.

Last year i did turn the TV off because i was so pissed. But after i paced a bit i turned it back on.

Really want to see how this story turns out !

I love them enough to make the trek from Burlington, Ont most home games for the last 13 years, but not enough to get a tattoo or buy an official jersey. If the stadium moves and tailgating is banned I'm not sure the hassle of getting to Buffalo would outweigh the delight of watching the Bills live. We've all watched some pretty craptacular football games over the no playoff streak and I'm not sure Bills football alone would have kept me coming back.*

* But I'll always watch them on TV

Edited by driddles

I love them enough to make the trek from Burlington, Ont most home games for the last 13 years, but not enough to get a tattoo or buy an official jersey. If the stadium moves and tailgating is banned I'm not sure the hassle of getting to Buffalo would outweigh the delight of watching the Bills live. We've all watched some pretty craptacular football games over the no playoff streak and I'm not sure Bills football alone would have kept me coming back.*

* But I'll always watch them on TV

Great point. With no tailgating, I'd probably never go again.