How long has guest posting been off?

stevestojan

Great idea. No guest posting is how 99.9% of boards are run.

I just didn't notice when it happened. Knowing me, its been like this for weeks.

Either way, thanks for stopping it.  (it's not like it's hard to register).

247421[/snapback]

Were guest posting enabled, someone should reply to this post as Ben Kenobi. "The force is not strong in this one."

From my memory (which isn't great), guest posting has been turned off since late Nov or Dec.

Someone turned it off shortly after a couple threads came up with two guests arguing over something. I can't remember what. I remember it was a bit schizophrenic and quite annoying... then... (relative) silence.

that's interesting... you didn't know it was off, but yet you love it? Seems to me that if you didn't notice, it probably wasn't that big of a deal in the 1st place. <shrug>

However, guest posting is like politics - perception is reality.

that's interesting... you didn't know it was off, but yet you love it?  Seems to me that if you didn't notice, it probably wasn't that big of a deal in the 1st place. <shrug>

247625[/snapback]

He probably noticed it subliminally but didn't realize it until today when he forgot to log in and tried to post right away. :(

Personally I'm glad not to have seven or eight different people showing simply as "Guest" in any given thread. I think it's better when they each have a unique identity.

that's interesting... you didn't know it was off, but yet you love it?  Seems to me that if you didn't notice, it probably wasn't that big of a deal in the 1st place. <shrug>

247625[/snapback]

I dont always notice the exact moment a headache goes away, but I'm always glad that it has.