Pats once again makes NFL change rules.

PO16FFS

Who gives a **** what Chuck Noll did? He didn't coach under the current CBA.

Nobody gave a **** in 2014 under the CBA either. Or 2015.

It's a rule so that players can be identified on the field and it keeps them from being able to sneak players on the field who shouldn't be there.

Why wasn't something done earlier, who knows, maybe the NFL didn't receive a complaint about it before so instead of going after them because it became apparent in an article (maybe no one at the NFL offices read the publication it was in?) they let it slide until they received a complaint.

This won't be a big deal unless the Pats office makes it one by continuing to defy the rule or fight it. Otherwise they have been told not to do it and the issue is over.....

Of course as we speak, BB and Brady could accidently be destroying the unnumbered shirts and say its something they routinely do so it's no big deal after the league asks them for the shirts.......

Wait...what?

You mean like Mike Jasper?!

My guess is that somebody complained to the NFLPA and they went to the league. That's why "now"

And as if anyone bought the convoluted explanations offered by McDaniel & Patricia on why numberless practice jerseys help communication.

ross tucker has brought it up several times on nflr. he has said that the patriots did a lot of different things. he goes very far in making statements against them but usually toes the line close enough to not put a dagger to the heart.

he has said:

• injured guys practiced
  • injured guys often did more than supposed to in practices etc (because they knew they'd get cut or punished)
  • the headsets acted funny a lot for their guys
  • the business is very quiet, no one knows the full picture but belicheck, the other guy who's secret and helps them cheat, and a few others.
  • they spent a lot of time trying to find new ways to do things and constantly had someone checking about the possiblity of doing this or that.

other things were there too but those are ones i remember.

Wait...what?

No, they did. It just took them years to decide that unnumbered jerseys made it more difficult to enforce the CBA, because the league and the NFLPA are !@#$ing incompetent. That's wildly different than the CBA not existing at all.

Your unceasing reach for any and all excuses, no matter how tenuous or unnecessary, for anything the Pats do has gone beyond humorous into tiresome.

Wait...what?

Maybe because the Pats* have perfected the art of playing just on the other side of the fairness boundary and are daring the NFL to catch them. Did it ever occur to you that the NFL had no problem with the practice until someone probably complained through the NFLPA?

The article from two years ago is meaningless.

Maybe because the Pats* have perfected the art of playing just on the other side of the fairness boundary and are daring the NFL to catch them. Did it ever occur to you that the NFL had no problem with the practice until someone probably complained through the NFLPA?

We make fun of it.

But pushing the boundaries is the Patriot way.

Not very zen to me, but it certainly is smart as hell. Force the league to chase you around.

I have no respect for the Patriots and the Team name offends me.

Edited by 3rdand12

No, they did. It just took them years to decide that unnumbered jerseys made it more difficult to enforce the CBA, because the league and the NFLPA are !@#$ing incompetent. That's wildly different than the CBA not existing at all.

Your unceasing reach for any and all excuses, no matter how tenuous or unnecessary, for anything the Pats do has gone beyond humorous into tiresome.

You fatigue pretty easily. These are simple questions, not "excuses".

Yes I did. In fact, the is exactly the point of my question. The NFL sees nothing wrong with this. Neither did the NFLPA for at least 2 years ( the article 2 years ago isn't meaningless...it is proof of this). So how is it cheating?