PFF & ESPN Offseason Grades for the Bills

Here ya go geniuses; http://www.dynastytradecalculator.com/sammy-watkins.html

Otherwise, see above.

If you guys want to believe everything that the team says, when clearly they lie and have lied thru their teeth to us, feel free. They haven't earned that right to be believed however. As well, if you choose to believe nothing but the blue skies rainbows and leprechauns version of any info that's not out there, also feel free. Expect to be disappointed however.

There actually is good info out there, it takes a few seconds of effort to actually get it sometimes tho. I understand if you don't have the time.

As you were.

From that article you were kind enough to post:

Conclusions

Watkins’ injury comes with some short and long term risk, but I think he will likely heal without a problem. I would not avoid Watkins because of this injury, but I would limit my exposure and you may want to drop him a few spots in your ranks depending on how much you like the players being drafted with a similar ADP.

What was absent from that article was any actual confirmation that it was, indeed, a Jones fracture. Instead, it started off with what we already know-- that it is still speculation.

Either way, Jones fracture or not, it is as equally delusional to always assume that the sky is falling, as it is to assume "blue skies, rainbows, and leprechauns." Neither makes you a genius.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN Chimes in.

@mikerodak

The Bills deserve a C-minus for their offseason, @ESPNInsider's panel of experts says: https://t.co/NFXzzTrMAg

Almost anything the Cheatriots do will be lauded as a great move even though their track player acquisition record isn't that great in recent years.

This. And !@#$ rod dick. What an !@#$ that guy is.

Its funny how PFF never hardly ever agrees with ESPN or anyone really.

Edited by NorCalBillsSabres

Yes, there was. I see that you've at least done some homework.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2016/05/dez_bryant_kevin_durant_can_teach_us_about_bills_wr_sammy_watkins_foot_injury.html

So now what are you going to say? What's your new tack on spin?

As well, don't you think that if it weren't a Jones Fracture, that Whaley & Co. would be saying "at least it's not a JF?" I do. Either way, the silence is deafening on this one and we all know that the FO is about as trustworthy as the average politician.

And what, because OBD hasn't come out and said that it isn't, it isn't? ROFLMAO

so, unless i missed somthing, not confirmed. Leaked...Witch means nothing to me.

I suppose there's a small chance that that's correct, but common sense dictates that it's an extremely minor chance.

There are too many things going against Sammy for this to be the case. To start, the treatment thus far mimics that for a Jones fracture perfectly. Second, with a FO that's prone to lying to us and sugar-coating everything, they really shouldn't get any benefits of the doubt. Third, if it were not a Jones fracture, don't you think that this desperate FO would make that clear? I do, I don't think there's any question of that at all. Lastly, given Sammy's injury history, and back to my original argument, it's starting to look as if it's not this then it'll be something else, he's fragile, clearly.

Here ya go geniuses; http://www.dynastytradecalculator.com/sammy-watkins.html

Otherwise, see above.

If you guys want to believe everything that the team says, when clearly they lie and have lied thru their teeth to us, feel free. They haven't earned that right to be believed however. As well, if you choose to believe nothing but the blue skies rainbows and leprechauns version of any info that's not out there, also feel free. Expect to be disappointed however.

There actually is good info out there, it takes a few seconds of effort to actually get it sometimes tho. I understand if you don't have the time.

As you were.

As mentioned above your article does not confirm Jones Fracture. The author cites a podcast (didn't listen) and a an article (doesn't say Jones fracture). Since a Jones Fracture is resolved with a screw, I don't think its crazy to think that they would get a podiatrist that excels at Jones Fractures to perform a similar surgery. The FO point is interesting, but seems to be general subterfuge which you admit they are playing. Lastly, he played with his injury last year. There is a reason this injury requires mid season surgery. It is painful and can be worsened if you do stress it. If it was a Jones Fracture I believe he would have had surgery in the season when it happened. Then had a follow up surgery in the offseason. So I don't think this is a Jones Fracture.