Time to clear up the confusion about Mike Williams

See Post #19

I base all of my numbers on this post by itsandthings at BZ (he was obviously someone who had inside info but has not posted since July 2003)

He provided a detailed breakdown of Mike Williams' rookie deal (and Takeo Spikes) and it's been right on. As you can see from the date, it's from 2002, shortly after he signed his deal.

Mike Williams at NFLPA

Self explanatory

Further confirmation

This is USAToday's contract database. 2004 season will not be updated until later this year, but this link takes you directly to Mike Williams.

Compare the numbers from the post at BZ to the numbers at USAToday

Yes, MW earned a $550,000 NLTBE in 2003 and that IS in the post in the first link

If this is not good enough for some of y'all (I've been watching the race :doh: ) , I do not know what would.

BTW: Steve at BD has these same numbers because I sent them to him as a courtesy. He does his own research and numbers.....

246749[/snapback]

Dont sell yourself short. The vast majority of posters, myself included, appreciate your efforts.

Please ignore the one moderator who personally insults posters (he admitted to "cheap shots") . Keep up the good work CP, OK?

Thanks NYC

Curious that there are so many views of the thread but no one be postin'  :doh:

246767[/snapback]

CP, I am a fan of Priouleaux. I dont think that he is a very good safety, but I do applaud his play on Special Teams.

How much would the Bills save by cutting him both pre and post 6/1?

Thanks again for your expert response. :)

Dont sell yourself short. The vast majority of posters, myself included, appreciate your efforts.

Please ignore the one moderator who personally insults posters (he admitted  to "cheap shots") . Keep up the good work CP, OK?

246764[/snapback]

Count me in as one who appreciates CP's work. Those who chooose to be critical and say things like "these numbers are all wrong", should show up with their own numbers.

CP, I am a fan of Priouleaux. I dont think that he is a very good safety, but I do applaud his play on Special Teams.

How much would the Bills save by cutting him both pre and post 6/1?

Thanks again for your expert response.  :doh:

246775[/snapback]

Read what I say about Prioleau in my cap analysis article (see link in sig)

Thanks also (the lovefest continues). The thing I apprecite most beyond the tremendous amount of work you provide for us too lazy folk is that I think it all comes with appropriate disclaimers (if anyone knew the cap for a stone lock certainty they would be the first ones because MFL teams oay real money for cap management and as we have seen first hand with Butler even the oris can mismanage the cap),

Its just simply untrue (though the net is rife with it) to any one on the outside to claim stone cold certain knowledge of the team's cap situation or even for folks on the inside to claim they know exactly how to handle it because all decisions are predicated on the unpredictable actions of others in negotiation.

Those who pose this as one source is right sll the time or even that another source is wrong is wrong themselves (even a broken clock is right twice a day so be careful ragging on an assertion just because the asserter is generally wrong).

I respect your and Bills' Daily work (another source of the correct disclaimers and by using both these and other sources we get closer to the truth.

That being said the other reason arguing over MWs cap hit misses the point is that regardless of whether you accept the lowest credible number (prorated bonus + NFLPA .com profile which lists MW 2005 base salary as $4 mill) or the $9.17 mill cap you assert (with enough documentation for me to believe this #), the result is the same:

MW must be restructured because both cap hits far exceed MW's output as a Bill, Bith cap hits are higher than what the market makes you pay for even better output at LT and both numbers are too large to combine with almost every resigning of JJ and maintain a reasonable budget of expenditure for out two tackles.

All moves are on hold until the Bills provide some clarity on what they are gonna do with the LT situation and restructuring MW.

Check out my cap page :D

247227[/snapback]

thats great stuff for the Bills, but i was referring to the NFL as a whole...because someone claimed that mcnair was owed like a 50 mil bonus next year, and i wanna know if thats a typo, or what...