2016 NFL Draft--The "What Would You Have Done?" Thread

(DE/OLB) Shaq

(LB) Reggie

(QB) Connor Cook

(OG) Christian Westerman

(NT) DJ Reader

(OT) Kyle Murphy

(WR) De'Runnya Wilson

I wanted Shaq or Reggie at 19. Never thought we'd get both.

I don't think Cardale will amount to anything, but think Cook will be a great back-up at worst.

Added Reader for NT and keep Wynn on the team, obviously.

Give the right side of the OL some competition with Westerman and Murphy.

Give Tyrod another big red zone target in Wilson.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynch at 19. I don't care about the rest.

2016 QB rotation and beyond

1. Taylor

2. Dumb

3. Dumber

Whaley makes me want to puke and eat it !

17, 18, 19, 20 and counting.

Can't wait to re-visit this thread down the road a ways.

On a side note Bandit; Great thread idea.

Many kudos.

Lou

Nor can I. Cos Lynch is a bust waiting to happen.

Can't say that I would have done anything much differently. I liked each pick and thought it made good sense based on position in the draft and talent level as well as need. I am very happy with this draft. Some of the UDFA look pretty interesting as well.

I just spent some time seeing who was available after we made the pick. And, combined with knowledge of their needs and what Whaley said......I have to agree with you soldier. Not trying to cop out Bandit...I tried and like this draft. It makes sense.

Edited by The Thurmanator

Here’s what I was thinking as the Draft unfolded and based on my perception of our needs: QB backup, WR starting, OT ® or OG, ILB (w/ pass coverage skills) … I didn’t see DE/OLB as such the tremendous need that the team did. Everyone talks about how great Ryan’s D mind is, well then he should have been able to make due on the edge with Lawson, Hughes, and Dareus who’s supposed to be playing DE in the 3-4, which makes no sense. Before the Draft there were players on the roster that logged 35 sacks in 2014 under Schwartz, if the "defensive genius" Ryan couldn't get that from them then he's a phony. Either way, the middle of our LB-ing corp was, and still is, bereft of pass D skills.

To start, I wouldn’t have traded our 4th pick (117) or traded up at all in this relatively deep draft, there should have been no need to. I may have traded down.

1/19: Treadwell: Would have instantly upgraded our passing game and perhaps he would have even outshone Watkins this fall. All of the appropriate WRs for us all went just picks afterwards except for Fuller who we had no chance at in round 2.

2/49: Cody Whitehair (OG): Would have all but instantly made the OL from LT to RG solid and increased the odds of solid play from one of our RTs.

3/80: Prescott, he'll be the best QB in this draft after Goff.

4/117: Kentrell Brothers (ILB) Better pass D skills than Ragland

Also, undrafted Scooby Wright, ILB from Arizona, would have been a fantastic 6th round pick.

IMO that Draft would have added to wins and buffered our QB/WR situations as well while bolstering the OL.

Here’s what I was thinking as the Draft unfolded and based on my perception of our needs: QB backup, WR starting, OT ® or OG, ILB (w/ pass coverage skills) … I didn’t see DE/OLB as such the tremendous need that the team did. Everyone talks about how great Ryan’s D mind is, well then he should have been able to make due on the edge with Lawson, Hughes, and Dareus who’s supposed to be playing DE in the 3-4, which makes no sense. Before the Draft there were players on the roster that logged 35 sacks in 2014 under Schwartz, if the "defensive genius" Ryan couldn't get that from them then he's a phony. Either way, the middle of our LB-ing corp was, and still is, bereft of pass D skills.

To start, I wouldn’t have traded our 4th pick (117) or traded up at all in this relatively deep draft, there should have been no need to. I may have traded down.

1/19: Treadwell: Would have instantly upgraded our passing game and perhaps he would have even outshone Watkins this fall. All of the appropriate WRs for us all went just picks afterwards except for Fuller who we had no chance at in round 2.

2/49: Cody Whitehair (OG): Would have all but instantly made the OL from LT to RG solid and increased the odds of solid play from one of our RTs.

3/80: Prescott, he'll be the best QB in this draft after Goff.

4/117: Kentrell Brothers (ILB) Better pass D skills than Ragland

Also, undrafted Scooby Wright, ILB from Arizona, would have been a fantastic 6th round pick.

IMO that Draft would have added to wins and buffered our QB/WR situations as well while bolstering the OL.

You cheated!

That as may be spending another first rounder on one only compounds matters.

I agree Gunner, Unfortunately my take on late round and prom ready QB's

is comparable to pissing on a forest fire. Stupid does, as stupid sees.

Greg Romans honest opinion of Lynch would settle this QB debate for me.

The feeling is however, we will probably never get to hear Mr. Romans honest opinion.

Lou

I agree Gunner, Unfortunately my take on late round and prom ready QB's

is comparable to pissing on a forest fire. Stupid does, as stupid sees.

Greg Romans honest opinion of Lynch would settle this QB debate for me.

The feeling is however, we will probably never get to hear Mr. Romans honest opinion.

Lou

Do you think he was part of the Bills cohort that was "enamored with Cardale Jones?"

2 to 1 what?

Good Evening Goat;

2 to 1 is the score for the armchair GM sweepstakes, between myself and Doug Whaley.

And of course, Doug Whaley is losing. He probably doesn't know he's playing either.

As the GM of the Bills, Doug Whaley in my opinion has drafted two busts at the QB position.

and one of them has already come to fruition, as predicted. Second one in my opinion is Jones.

It's unfortunate to! Because I do like the guy.

My daughter went to Ohio State. And for the record;

I truly hated Trent Edwards & Rob Johnson more than any other Buffalo QB's to date.

Remember folks, opinions are like our backsides. We all have one!

As GM of the Bills, LOU without college scouting has drafted one bust at the QB position apparently.

And his name is Lynch. As the armchair GM of the Bills I would of taken him at 19. And time will tell.

Unlike Whaley. If LOU was the GM, and I made a mistake in the 2013 draft, I would of admitted it

to the fans and the media and then moved on. Of course I would of never drafted Manuel, Edwards,

or Johnson, but that's another story.

Man! It's tough being a Bills fan. 42 years and counting, I think!

Good night all.

Good Evening Goat;

2 to 1 is the score for the armchair GM sweepstakes, between myself and Doug Whaley.

And of course, Doug Whaley is losing. He probably doesn't know he's playing either.

As the GM of the Bills, Doug Whaley in my opinion has drafted two busts at the QB position.

and one of them has already come to fruition, as predicted. Second one in my opinion is Jones.

It's unfortunate to! Because I do like the guy.

My daughter went to Ohio State. And for the record;

I truly hated Trent Edwards & Rob Johnson more than any other Buffalo QB's to date.

Remember folks, opinions are like our backsides. We all have one!

As GM of the Bills, LOU without college scouting has drafted one bust at the QB position apparently.

And his name is Lynch. As the armchair GM of the Bills I would of taken him at 19. And time will tell.

Unlike Whaley. If LOU was the GM, and I made a mistake in the 2013 draft, I would of admitted it

to the fans and the media and then moved on. Of course I would of never drafted Manuel, Edwards,

or Johnson, but that's another story.

Man! It's tough being a Bills fan. 42 years and counting, I think!

Good night all.

Only problem with your post is Cardale is the 1st QB Whaley has drafted as GM. Cardale is a bust already? How about also forecasting the next winning powerball numbers?

Here's the question... John Elway and his scouting dept felt good enough about Lynch to trade up for him... We could have drafted Lynch ourselves and still gotten Ragland and all the rest of our picks thereafter presumably... Are we gonna be watching this kid for the next 10yrs while we miss the playoffs again and again? Most franchise QB's are taken in the 1st round... Aside from Manuel when have the Bills ever TRIED drafting a QB early? I don't know if Tyrod is the answer or not... Time will tell....

Here's the question... John Elway and his scouting dept felt good enough about Lynch to trade up for him... We could have drafted Lynch ourselves and still gotten Ragland and all the rest of our picks thereafter presumably... Are we gonna be watching this kid for the next 10yrs while we miss the playoffs again and again? Most franchise QB's are taken in the 1st round... Aside from Manuel when have the Bills ever TRIED drafting a QB early? I don't know if Tyrod is the answer or not... Time will tell....

With the NFL landscape littered with overdrafted 1st round busts.

There is a Whaley interview from 2013 on "The Official Site of the Buffalo Bills" where he is actually gushing with man love as he is trying to sell Manuel to an unknown group of suits in a meeting room at the Bills stadium. His exact words were "He's got that IT factor" If Whaley didn't draft Manuel then why was he trying to sell him so hard ?

Well 26 He forgot the S on the front and the T on the back of that IT Factor. That interview was a sickening. and I didn't watch the rest of it either. And maybe because I'm angry at the world.

And if I could predict the dam powerball numbers, I'd be f'ing doing it. My wife is ten years younger than me. is terminally ill and her bucket list is financially out of reach. Any other questions?

Again; Good night all. I have a real job to go to in the morning. Lou

There is a Whaley interview from 2013 on "The Official Site of the Buffalo Bills" where he is actually gushing with man love as he is trying to sell Manuel to an unknown group of suits in a meeting room at the Bills stadium. His exact words were "He's got that IT factor" If Whaley didn't draft Manuel then why was he trying to sell him so hard ?

Well 26 He forgot the S on the front and the T on the back of that IT Factor. That interview was a sickening. and I didn't watch the rest of it either. And maybe because I'm angry at the world.

And if I could predict the dam powerball numbers, I'd be f'ing doing it. My wife is ten years younger than me. is terminally ill and her bucket list is financially out of reach. Any other questions?

Again; Good night all. I have a real job to go to in the morning. Lou

Serious question. What would you expect him to say?

With the NFL landscape littered with overdrafted 1st round busts.

And as you are most likely aware of, the majority of those 1st round flops were NOT QB's... Alot of 1st round picks bust... But nothing ventured - nothing gained... How many more years are we going to go missing the playoffs? Is a DE more important than a possible franchise QB?? Lawson could bust just as easily as Lynch...