2016 NFL Draft Grades

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@PSchrags

3. Buffalo Bills: A

The Bills didn't resemble a Rex Ryan team on defense last year, and if you're going to employ Rex (and brother Rob), you might as well give the defense some thumpers up front. Shaq Lawson -- if his shoulder checks out -- can be the top pass rusher in this class, while Reggie Ragland is the perfect inside linebacker for a Ryan brother defense. I liked the selection of big boy Adolphus Washington up front, and can already envision Cardale Jones getting on the field at some point in 2016. I liked the value and the needs fulfilled with the first four picks in this draft, and think Kolby Listenbee, a late-round flyer, could be a decent threat in the deep game.

Best value pick: Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama, 41st overall

Look bud - I appreciate your work as a poster on this board, you're great with the links and such. That said, I'm allowed to have a different viewpoint than you about this draft. I don't like it, because I don't like Lawson as a player and I think they should've taken the opportunity to add picks in Rounds 2, 3 and 4. You've expressed your displeasure with my viewpoint numerous times. Time to move on.

You are way too serious about this. Lighten up man.

@PFF

The 5 teams that got the most draft value per pick. And the 5 teams that got the least: http://buff.ly/1WCPVXf

@PostSports

Five teams that added the most value per pick

5. Buffalo Bills

1 (19) Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
2 (41) (from Chicago) Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama
3 (80) Adolphus Washington, DT, Ohio State
4 (139) Cardale Jones, QB, Ohio State
5 (156) Jonathan Williams, RB, Arkansas
6 (192) Kolby Listenbee, WR, TCU
6 (218) Kevon Seymour, CB, USC

The Bills clearly wanted to address their front seven, in particular their worst-in-the-NFL pass-rush grade, and landed three players who can help in Lawson, Ragland and Washington. Each graded out well overall and as pass-rushers, and each represented a major value based on the PFF board, ranking No. 11, 26 and 43, respectively. Williams (No. 137 on the PFF board) is a potential steal, having ranked fifth in the nation in elusive rating (PFF’s measure of a back’s ability to generate yards independent of his blocking) two seasons ago before missing all of 2015 due to injury.

I love the emphasis we seem to be placing on top college programs.

Our top 4 picks already have a winner's mentality instilled in them and think of themselves as something special (in a good way).

They have also seen a ton of big time games with lots of pressure and fan frenzy.

Sure the NFL is a different level to even big time NCAA ball, but if the OSU and 'Bama guys spread that "expectation of winning because we are special" attitude around the locker room, only good things can happen.

Isn't he an avowed Jets fan? Maybe I'm misremembering something I read once

Could be. It sure does seem like he has a personal vendetta against someone at OBD. Maybe lingering Donahoe fallout? Whatever it is, he's never given the Bills a fair shake and most of his insight into the team (like Lacan'tstandya) are wrong 9 times out of 10.

Consensus Draft Grades

I took all the grades I could find- thanks to 26Blitz. Outliers have alot less weight. The more info I got the less a team could move.

A-......Jax, Was

B+.....Bal,Buf,Cin,Chi,Den,Min

B.......Mia,KC,SD,Ind,Sea,GB,NO,Hou,TB

B-.....Ten,Cle,Dal,Oak,Az,NYG,SF,Det,LA

C+....NE,Car,NYJ,Pit,Phi

C......Atl

Edited by The Thurmanator

Consensus Draft Grades

I took all the grades I could find- thanks to 26Blitz. Outliers have alot less weight. The more info I got the less a team could move.

A-......Jax, Was

B+.....Bal,Buf,Cin,Chi,Den,Min

B.......Mia,KC,SD,Ind,Sea,GB,NO,Hou,TB

B-.....Ten,Cle,Dal,Oak,Az,NYG,SF,Det,LA

C+....NE,Car,NYJ,Pit,Phi

C......Atl

Thanks for the data compilation. :thumbsup:

Who improved the most in the draft?
The Jacksonville Jaguars hit the defensive jackpot with Jalen Ramsey and Myles Jack. Where do they rank on Adam Schein's list of the most improved teams following the 2016 NFL Draft?

7) Buffalo Bills

I really liked the Bills draft. After leading the NFL with 54 sacks in 2014, Buffalo sputtered to 21 sacks (31st) in 2015, so it made sense to take defensive end Shaq Lawson 19th overall heading into Rex Ryan's second season at the helm. The Clemson product can get to the quarterback instantly. Buffalo then stole a starting linebacker in Round 2 by getting Reggie Ragland (No. 41 overall).

As for the Bills' fourth-round investment in former Ohio State quarterback Cardale Jones, Buffalo was one of three teams we thought was the perfect destination for Jones to learn and develop.

@sn_nfl

Team grades: The Bears OWNED the NFL Draft. http://www.sportingnews.com/list/4704012-2016-nfl-draft-grades-analysis-all-32-teams-round-by-round-picks

Buffalo Bills: A-

Whom they drafted: DE Shaq Lawson, ILB Reggie Ragland, DT Adolphus Washington, QB Cardale Jones, RB Jonathan Williams, WR Kolby Litstenbee, CB Kevon Seymour

MORE: Cardale waited a year too long, and paid

Why the grade: Rex Ryan saw what he had on defense, and after he couldn't get it to produce, made sure to overhaul the front seven in the image of his more ideal scheme. Lawson and Ragland, both high first-round talents, will go to work right away flying upfield against run and pass. Ryan can get the most out of Washington's quickness. The steal might end up being Jones, who should have been taken a lot earlier given his big frame, huger arm and athleticism. He landed in the right spot to develop into an NFL starter.