Trump vs Clinton: Pre Convention matchup

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for in the General Election?

• Clinton
    • Trump

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still can't wrap my head around America voting a reality tv star into the White House. But, I guess that's where we're heading.

Why does it surprise you? Our current President was essentially the "American Idol" candidate. We were only bound to regress from that.

Have you talked to an average American?

Plenty, and they tend to have the same disbelief. The 'average' American, though, has a great range of beliefs/political views, so the 'average' Americans I've talked to might not be the ones you're referring to.

Why does it surprise you? Our current President was essentially the "American Idol" candidate. We were only bound to regress from that.

Obama was young, and relatively inexperienced compared to some other Presidential candidates over the years, I'll give you that. But Trump is on another level, imo. Running a business (some say unsuccessfully) isn't the same as being POTUS.

Liberal establishment newspaper stumping for the liberal establishment candidate ....

A former Donald Trump gal pal went to bat for him on Monday and said the GOP presidential hopeful never mistreated her or any other women she saw in his company.

Rowanne Brewer Lane was prominently featured in a weekend New York Times profile, which called into question Trumps treatment of women in his private life.

"They did take quotes from what I said and they put a negative connotation on it. They spun it to where it appeared negative", she said. "I did not have a negative experience with Donald Trump."

http://nypost.com/2016/05/16/trumps-ex-girlfriend-swears-hes-not-a-pig/

Edited by truth on hold

Obama was young, and relatively inexperienced compared to some other Presidential candidates over the years, I'll give you that. But Trump is on another level, imo. Running a business (some say unsuccessfully) isn't the same as being POTUS.

Obama was young and completely inexperienced. He was a one term senator with no background as an executive in any capacity. He had zero experience running or managing anything. Then he spent the next 8 years on talk shows, and saturating the twittersphere.

Love him or hate him, Trump at least has executive experience, and as I said, after the current President downgraded the office through his own choices, Trump was the next logical step in the regression.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

sum of all fears, officially 2 for 1 package ...

If Hillary Clinton wins November's presidential election, Bill Clinton will be different from any previous "first spouses." And now, we might have some idea of what kind of role the former president would have in his wife's administration.

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/05/16/hillary-bill-clinton-economy-presidential-administration/21378053/

Edited by truth on hold

As much as I can't stand Trump, him winning might be worth the one night in November watching MSNBC coverage as the results roll in.

And the look on Hillary's face. I mean really, can you think of anyone you'd enjoy seeing lose a gift wrapped election more than Hillary? It really might be worth four years of Trump.

By the way, the NY Times reached new heights in its Trump hysteria on Sunday. There must have been ten Trump articles in one edition. The 'deep' analysis of his supporters: RAAAAAYYYYSISTS!!!! Meanwhile, serial dick texter Anthony Weiner was hailed as a 'complex' figure. :lol:

And the look on Hillary's face. I mean really, can you think of anyone you'd enjoy seeing lose a gift wrapped election more than Hillary? It really might be worth four years of Trump.

By the way, the NY Times reached new heights in its Trump hysteria on Sunday. There must have been ten Trump articles in one edition. The 'deep' analysis of his supporters: RAAAAAYYYYSISTS!!!! Meanwhile, serial dick texter Anthony Weiner was hailed as a 'complex' figure. :lol:

NY Post summed it up pretty well...

A microscopic search of Trumps private life over decades revealed that he likes beautiful women. Not much to set against his strong record of promoting women in an industry thats still male-dominated.

Far, far worse has been said for more than two decades about Bill Clinton. But the Times has never seemed much interested in his private life or character.

http://nypost.com/2016/05/16/the-new-york-times-empty-trump-expose/

Hm. Another Day, Another Poll Showing Hillary With a Small Lead Over Trump

From this morning’s fresh NBC News/Gravis tracking poll: http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/hillary-clinton-holds-slim-national-lead-over-donald-trump-poll-n574901

Attention is now rapidly moving to the hypothetical match-up between the leading candidates with an emphasis on a Clinton and Trump contest. In this week’s poll, Americans are nearly split between their choice of Trump or Clinton; her margin over Trump narrows from 5 points last week to 3 points this week… At this moment, independents break for Trump 44 percent to 36 percent.

You have to look to the actual results to see the survey results are Hillary Clinton 48 percent, Donald Trump 45 percent.