Tyler Dunne Asks: Was the Watkins Trade Worth It?

I generally agree with this. It's more about the position value. Great teams are not built on Wrs. How many great Wrs haven't won SBs?

A great wr is pointless if your qb and line suck. I love Watkins but he will never be a major difference in wins and losses. He still is a great, great talent.

Excellent point! Bills fans just don't want to acknowledge the logic in that statement.

For Buffalo in not having a 2015 first round pick created a big hole with not having a highly skilled player like another Gilmore! The Bills still have questions at many positions on the roster and one of them is still at QB.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent point! Bills fans just don't want to acknowledge the logic in that statement.

For Buffalo in not having a 2015 first round pick created a big hole with not having a highly skilled player like another Gilmore! The Bills still have questions at many positions on the roster and one of them is still at QB.

Who would you have selected if we had the 2015 pick?

If only they had a chance to get that Darby guy.

There will never be a clear cut answer to this because we'll never know who we would have picked had we stayed put and who we would have taken last year in round 1.

If those variables are unknown, how can you say he was worth the move or not when there's nothing to compare him to?

He's been hurt quite a bit, but emerged as an elite WR in the second half of last year. Won us a few games already. I'm sure not complaining.

The only thing about him that he can improve is YAC on the short stuff. From his Clemson tapes I saw more bubble screens and slants with incredible toughness after catch. Not so much in the NFL.

I still watch his 3rd down move on Revis once in awhile just to get a laugh at how he embarrassed the guy on such a critical play in prime time.

There will never be a clear cut answer to this because we'll never know who we would have picked had we stayed put and who we would have taken last year in round 1.

If those variables are unknown, how can you say he was worth the move or not when there's nothing to compare him to?

He's been hurt quite a bit, but emerged as an elite WR in the second half of last year. Won us a few games already. I'm sure not complaining.

The only thing about him that he can improve is YAC on the short stuff. From his Clemson tapes I saw more bubble screens and slants with incredible toughness after catch. Not so much in the NFL.

I still watch his 3rd down move on Revis once in awhile just to get a laugh at how he embarrassed the guy on such a critical play in prime time.

We do know that they would have taken Ebron if they stood pat. Whaley is on record on that.

We would think that the guy was Jerry Rice Andre Reed 2.0.

Fixed it....This is a Bills website :flirt:

We do know that they would have taken Ebron if they stood pat. Whaley is on record on that.

Watkins > Ebron

Clay > Ebron

We can debate this all we want, but what is done is done.

The answer always goes back to a franchise QB, if you have one you sacrifice elsewhere; if you don't, you get as many superstars as you can around an average QB and hope for the best...it is what it is

Edited by Reed83HOF