Chris Hogan visiting Patriots-Signs $12M offer sheet

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How so ? How many wideouts did we draft before the crap rounds ?

How many "talented" FA's did we sign? Mike Williams was supposed to drive Hogan down the depth chart. Percy Harvin was supposed to drive Hogan down the depth chart. He outperformed them both.

And on this one occassion I admit to being guilty of that. I have taken sooooo much stick on this forum for saying I thought Hogan was good and that the rest of the league would value him that I am revelling in the moment.

Gunner to be fair, hogan is a nice depth WR. But it really wasn't the rest of the league that values him that much. It's just the Pats. And that's totally fine. It is very similar to what we did with Clay. Both are great system fits for where they ended up. Edited by YoloinOhio

Gunner to be fair, hogan is a nice depth WR. But it really wasn't the rest of the league that values him that much. It's just the Pats. And that's totally fine. It is very similar to what we did with Clay. Both are great system fits for where they ended up.

If he was a FA he would have had lots of offers from teams where he was going to start (I count the 3rd receiver as a starter in this era).

As FC has pointed out - Williams, Goodwin, Harvin these guys were all supposed to out perform that dime a dozen Chris Hogan... yet whilst they didn't show up Hogan made plays.

If he was a FA he would have had lots of offers from teams where he was going to start (I count the 3rd receiver as a starter in this era).

As FC has pointed out - Williams, Goodwin, Harvin these guys were all supposed to out perform that dime a dozen Chris Hogan... yet whilst they didn't show up Hogan made plays.

im not sure he would have gotten lots of offers to start somewhere if he was a UFA. As an RFA teams didn't need to provide any comp to the Bills and only had to go to about 2mill and front load the cap to get him and he only got one offer. That's a steal for a starting WR. No word of any other teams interested.

If it wasn't for the fact that Hogan was kept on the roster when everybody's favorite binky, Da'Rick Rodgers, was cut a large number of the Hogan Haters would be singing a different tune.

That statement in no way implies that I believe Hogan is worth the $$$ the Cheatriots threw at him.

But I do believe that a certain group of posters are still butt-hurt over the decision to keep Hogan and scrap Da'Rick Rodgers and that that group will forever downplay Hogan's contributions to the Bills Offense.

im not sure he would have gotten lots of offers to start somewhere if he was a UFA. As an RFA teams didn't need to provide any comp to the Bills and only had to go to about 2mill and front load the cap to get him and he only got one offer. That's a steal for a starting WR. No word of any other teams interested.

You were among the crowd saying he had no value in the rest of the league a year ago. He would have had FA offers if he was one and he would start (as a top 3 WR) for half of the league.

Keep doubting. He will keep proving you wrong.

If it wasn't for the fact that Hogan was kept on the roster when everybody's favorite binky, Da'Rick Rodgers, was cut a large number of the Hogan Haters would be singing a different tune.

That statement in no way implies that I believe Hogan is worth the $$$ the Cheatriots threw at him.

But I do believe that a certain group of posters are still butt-hurt over the decision to keep Hogan and scrap Da'Rick Rodgers and that that group will forever downplay Hogan's contributions to the Bills Offense.

This is 100% correct.