This confirms it, Rock is dead.

Maury Ballstein

Well, Simon and Garfunkel weren't rock.

And I think this cover is pretty cool. I really liked it when it came out a few months ago. Disturbed, whilst not my cup of tea, is a very talented band - including the vocalist.

Agree, but this cover is dogcrap. Just sounds corny and silly imo.

You listened to it.

You're talking about it.

You linked a video to it.

Rock is very much alive and you're helping. So thanks!!

Rock is absolutely not dead and that version of the song is mesmerizing, it's so dark. Not the biggest fan of that band, but I think their rendition is incredible

Heard this on the radio, holy smokes current rock bands are terrible. This guys voice makes me wanna hang myself.

9 out of 10 songs on rock station have Axl Rose, James Hetfield, Robert Plant, or Steven Tyler singing. It's dead man.

Dirts on the coffin.

I'm not biting. You're being silly. All you need to do is see whose tours are grossing the most if you want to know whether Rock is dead.

I'm not biting. You're being silly. All you need to do is see whose tours are grossing the most if you want to know whether Rock is dead.

I still have my guitar and practice amp at home, so despite the lameness of nu-metal and the sad state of record labels, I know it's not dead completely. "With my Les Paul, I know I'm small, but I enjoy living anyway. Yes I do!"

Edited by Cugalabanza

Heard this on the radio, holy smokes current rock bands are terrible. This guys voice makes me wanna hang myself.

song is terrible , Disturbed is great

Wow, that's bad. From "Down with the Sickness" to that.

I managed to make it to the System of a Down page from that video and I really miss their older music...

:thumbsup:

9 out of 10 songs on rock station have Axl Rose, James Hetfield, Robert Plant, or Steven Tyler singing. It's dead man.

Dirts on the coffin.

no one listen to radio anymore so it's more like rock stations are and DEFINITELY SUX, the only good station around here is the Hero100.1 out of Bradford. Play all kinds of rock from Black Sabbath to Avenged Seven Fold

It's just missing some christmasy jingle bells in the backround

:lol:

To creedy for me.

Creed has some good stuff

Creed doesn't rock. No ones rocked since Pantera, early Korn albums and Rage against the Machine.

Korn got rich, Rage disbanded. Now we got bearded emo's in flannels singing about craft beer and relationships.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPzhUp8mWgs

nu metal does suck but there is still some good stuff, like Drowning Pool, Godsmack, 5 Finger Death Punch, Seether, Lamb of God, etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF53On_P7qI

The best bands and musicians make their own way and don't have recording contracts. So many cool bands out there who own there own material and make there living on the road earning new fans along the way

the recording industry is in shambles as they desperately try to find that big money maker. The issue with rock is it has become splintered in so many different directions that no one band satisfies all those sub genres of rock and roll

try some Scott Pemberton.

https://youtu.be/K3nZJ6iBeHk

Edited by ddaryl

Creed doesn't rock. No ones rocked since Pantera, early Korn albums and Rage against the Machine.

Korn got rich, Rage disbanded. Now we got bearded emo's in flannels singing about craft beer and relationships.

Perhaps you just aren't looking hard enough. There are plenty of good rock/metal bands out there. Turn off the radio and do some searching yourself.