PFT The Free Agent Hot 100

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/23/the-free-agent-hot-100-5/

Glenn at 5 and Cog at 41. No mention of Nigel - perhaps he'll come cheap on a 1yr deal...?

Looks like locking up Glenn is top priority right now. If we don't there are some other options out there though we'll have to overpay.

Edited by dneveu

We may "benefit" from Bradham's down year and get him cheap. I'd actually prefer to keep him if it's a cheap deal. He's fast and can cover. I didn't love his performance this year but there were a lot of factors, and he has talent.

Edited by YoloinOhio

We may "benefit" from Bradham's down year and get him cheap. I'd actually prefer to keep him if it's a cheap deal. He's fast and can cover. I didn't love his performance this year but there were a lot of factors, and he has talent.

he wasnt a star in pettine scheme either, if i recall correctly. I do not know that he is the heady player this system seems to require, more of a gifted athlete that shines in a simplified scheme like schwartz ran.

I am not pointing specifically at any missed reads there, havent really looked at his play close, just a gut reaction here.

My take on Bradham:

> he has gotten better at being in the right place and has started to play like a comfortable veteran

> he hits well when he is in the right place

> he does not change direction quickly, and takes longer than most to get up to full speed running

> he is not exceptional at anything, but is pretty good at everything

> he seems like a good guy who meshes well with the other players

he wasnt a star in pettine scheme either, if i recall correctly. I do not know that he is the heady player this system seems to require, more of a gifted athlete that shines in a simplified scheme like schwartz ran.

I am not pointing specifically at any missed reads there, havent really looked at his play close, just a gut reaction here.

Basically most defensive players regressed this year in the "system." Only in Buffalo do you have to rebuild a top 2 defense 2 years later.