(Some) Parents of Student Athletes

Gugny

Thought i would pop back in here for an update(cause i know you all care)

Daughter made two cuts for Jr Nationals..could not have been prouder of her.

One of her team mates that just graduated set the American and World record in the 200 free tonight at NCAA's . Townley Haas is name, freshman at Texas..hopefully we see him in Rio. Just missed the Amrican record last night by .043 in the 500.

His parents are AWESOME btw, also there cheering for every swimmer on the team, and Townley was always an awesome teammate as well.

Little backstory that i am sure will come up in the Olympics telecast if he makes it is his sister was wounded pretty bad in the VA Tech shootings.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of her team mates that just graduated set the American and World record in the 200 free tonight at NCAA's . Townley Haas is name, freshman at Texas..hopefully we see him in Rio. Just missed the Amrican record last night by .043 in the 500.

His parents are AWESOME btw, also there cheering for every swimmer on the team, and Townley was always an awesome teammate as well.

Little backstory that i am sure will come up in the Olympics telecast if he makes it is his sister was wounded pretty bad in the VA Tech shootings.

Congratulations Plenz! That is fantastic!

I just started reading this thread today (not sure how I missed it) and it has been a great read from start to finish. With two boys of my own that are 15 and 13, I can truly appreciate what many others are going through. The stories shared reinforce the fact that I am certainly not alone and that many of you are facing the same trials and tribulations in raising young men and women in a time that is so different from when we were growing up.

Congrats!

Congratulations Plenz! That is fantastic!

I just started reading this thread today (not sure how I missed it) and it has been a great read from start to finish. With two boys of my own that are 15 and 13, I can truly appreciate what many others are going through. The stories shared reinforce the fact that I am certainly not alone and that many of you are facing the same trials and tribulations in raising young men and women in a time that is so different from when we were growing up.

Well said.