Smokers -- The cooking variety

ricojes

hey bud, was just looking at this thread and wondered if you ever got your smoker and smoked a whole mess over the summer?

Glad your revived this. Your smoked meats were killer at the opener. I may just have to make it an annual thing. Not the game the tailgate.

Glad your revived this. Your smoked meats were killer at the opener. I may just have to make it an annual thing. Not the game the tailgate.

part of the reason why I opened it. Was looking at what next delicious meal of like to master. So I was searching for food posts and this came back up. Thanks for the credit at the opener. It was such a great day (minus the game). I haven't smoked that much since. It was a day of learning a bit about my culinary ceiling. 6 racks of ribs in each smoker is about my limit.

Cohiba

Montecristo

Rocky Patel

huh? Edited by mrags

part of the reason why I opened it. Was looking at what next delicious meal of like to master. So I was searching for food posts and this came back up. Thanks for the credit at the opener. It was such a great day (minus the game). I haven't smoked that much since. It was a day of learning a bit about my culinary ceiling. 6 racks of ribs in each smoker is about my limit.

huh?

I just did my first pork belly this weekend. Salt/pepper/garlic powder rubbed on all sides with olive oil (score the fat side), laid on a big bed of onions/celery/carrots and a couple of cups of apple cider, using apple wood. Went high at 550 degrees in the oven for 25 minutes to crisp up, then 300 degrees in the smoker for five hours. Nothing more, nothing less...damn, damn good.

Edited by LABillzFan

I just did my first pork belly this weekend. Salt/pepper/garlic powder rubbed on all sides with olive oil (score the fat side), laid on a big bed of onions/celery/carrots and a couple of cups of apple cider, using apple wood. Went high at 550 degrees in the oven for 25 minutes to crisp up, then 300 degrees in the smoker for five hours. Nothing more, nothing less...damn, damn good.

sounds delicious

Damn, that sounds good.

Cure it next time. I know I mentioned it up thread but curing meats is a blast. Nothing against smoking but it's usually all consumed within a day or two. I always have some cured meats in the fridge. Curing a side of salmon this weekend.

Oh and when you said nothing more nothing less that's the key. Find a good local rancher to get your meat from. I have a guy in Marin I buy my pork from. High quality meat makes all the difference.

Edited by Chef Jim

hey bud, was just looking at this thread and wondered if you ever got your smoker and smoked a whole mess over the summer?

Sadly, no. I just didn't have the time this summer, but it's on the Christmas wish list. I will definitely be referring to this thread when the time comes, lots of great information!