JP Leaves UCLA

splinter9

If I remember correctly (and that's a stretch) it was because he didn't want to be in California anymore. He wanted to get away from his home state entirely. People thought he was nuts to go to Tulane because Ramsey was already established, but he wanted a change.

I don't think it was because he couldn't compete w/ anyone at UCLA. But I'm not sure.

Anyone know why JP left UCLA?

Was it because of playing time? Cause if you were UCLA how do you let a first round caliber player leave your school?

Any insight would be appreciated

243970[/snapback]

I had read in some of the articles before and after the draft that he was too distracted by family members and freinds showing up at practices and events and he needed to kinda do it on his own. It had nothing to do with the coaches or the program, he just wanted to get away from the hangers on from the family. Or at least thats the stuff I read, coulda been just a BS story to make him more palatable to the NFL draft gurus.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Colle...ening071803.htm

‘UCLA was just too close to home, and I had to get away,” he said. “I was not learning. I was not learning in terms of outside football. Football’s football, but when you’re a football player, you definitely have a life outside of football. And while at UCLA, I was so bombarded with so much family pressure and friends coming up to the college. It [didn’t] really feel like I was in college.

“… I realized I needed to get away. And so that’s what I did.”

I had read in some of the articles before and after the draft that he was too distracted by family members and freinds showing up at practices and events and he needed to kinda do it on his own. It had nothing to do with the coaches or the program, he just wanted to get away from the hangers on from the family. Or at least thats the stuff I read, coulda been just a BS story to make him more palatable to the NFL draft gurus.

243983[/snapback]

So there's no truth to the rumor that he saw a "Girls Gone Wild" video and decided that he'd be better off chasing loose women through the French Quarter rather than dealing with bleach blonde waitresses/aspiring actresses in LaLa Land?

:devil:<_<<_<

‘UCLA was just too close to home, and I had to get away,” he said. “I was not learning. I was not learning in terms of outside football. Football’s football, but when you’re a football player, you definitely have a life outside of football. And while at UCLA, I was so bombarded with so much family pressure and friends coming up to the college. It [didn’t] really feel like I was in college.

243989[/snapback]

Good Article - didnt realize that he actually competed with Ramsey for time before JP got injured. Wonder what would have happened had he not gotten injured.

So there's no truth to the rumor that he saw a "Girls Gone Wild" video and decided that he'd be better off chasing loose women through the French Quarter rather than dealing with bleach blonde waitresses/aspiring actresses in LaLa Land?

:devil:  <_<  <_<

243993[/snapback]

Well, maybe that explains the cases and cases of mardi Gras beads that he had in his dorm room.....

:devil:  <_<  <_<

243993[/snapback]

Them bleached blondes are quite loose in their own right.

Anyone know why JP left UCLA?

Was it because of playing time? Cause if you were UCLA how do you let a first round caliber player leave your school?

Any insight would be appreciated

243970[/snapback]

UCLA Head Coach Toledo recruited J.P. UCLA offensive coord (Borges) wanted Kyle Boller (CAL-RAVENS). Borges was an idiot & gave JP the cold shoulder & stuck him at 5th string QB (behind 4 scrubs). The other 4 QB's couldn't hold JP's jock......JP left. Borges left to CAL Toledo got fired.

In hindsight, JP did the right thing. At the time, every UCLA alum blamed JP for leaving the team (believing they could have gotten Kyle Boller)

"Losman “shocked” one team that looked at him on film, an NFL scout told PFW, saying that Losman was deserving of National’s top ranking. An AFC scout said that while Manning was the top quarterback on his team's draft board, “Losman has got our attention.”

Wow...I bet that was us!!!

243989[/snapback]

Cooooool!!

He shouldn't have any distractions in Buffalo then.

I just read this article and he's exactly what this team needs on offense. I don't care if he's cocky. Football IS attitude, emotion and guts. Something JP will bring to the table. From the article it sounds like he is never happy with himself or his performance as well. That's good in a way and it tells me that he has great work ethic at the same time. Leading by example is one thing, but being a leader is another. Something the position has been calling for since the Kelly days.