NFL Network: Shady McCoy on Chip vs. Rex

He could always just say 'no comment'.

Records are all that matters, Yolo. I'm tired of having excuses for close losses. Every year 'well if this one play, or this injury... we coulda been in!'

Sorry it makes me cynical, I'll try to rein it in :)

Saying "no comment" can be taken much worse, like taking the fifth. What are you hiding?

Also the Bills are 8-8 and the Eagles are 7-9. So I guess the Bills are better, right?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying "no comment" can be taken much worse, like taking the fifth. What are you hiding?

Also the Bills are 8-8 and the Eagles are 7-9. So I guess the Bills are better, right?

Come on Promo, you know that references to scoreboards and records only carry weight when they are used to play the Bills Fan Sad Trombone. Get with the program!

What on Earth could still be "hidden" regarding the Chip-McCoy story.

He should say "no comment" because absolutely no one cares anymore, if they ever did.

Clearly the media still cares since they keep asking about it, and you clearly still care enough to comment on it in this thread... but carry on. :lol:

Anyone who continues to harp on this as if it were an issue wants it to be. And they'll continue pretending it is until they actually watch the interview.

Tell the media to stop asking him about Chip. Problem solved.

Yep! They only ask because they want to get some crazy quote from him like "Chip Kelly is a racist." I was hoping ESPN would fire Mike Rodent but getting McCoy to say that was one of the top stories of the year. Now we are stuck with this weasel for another season

Anyone who continues to harp on this as if it were an issue wants it to be. And they'll continue pretending it is until they actually watch the interview.

Certainly. It's just funny to hear someone say "no one cares or ever cared about this" when we've had a year's worth of media evidence proving the opposite is true. The moment the trade went through this became a huge story line because the Bills were going to play the Eagles in Philly. Chip vs McCoy is how the game was sold in August... it's just disingenuous to argue otherwise.

Clearly the media still cares since they keep asking about it, and you clearly still care enough to comment on it in this thread... but carry on. :lol:

Actually, I commented that I don't care about the story...

Sports reporters/media can only deal in cliché and can only report what has already been reported or is known. It's not reflective of what people want to hear about, necessarily--it's them telling us they don't have can't think of anything else to ask.

Actually, I commented that I don't care about the story...

Sports reporters/media can only deal in cliché and can only report what has already been reported or is known. It's not reflective of what people want to hear about, necessarily--it's them telling us they don't have can't think of anything else to ask.

But the media and reporters are PEOPLE who care about this issue... so, you're wrong. Thanks for trying though.

Certainly. It's just funny to hear someone say "no one cares or ever cared about this" when we've had a year's worth of media evidence proving the opposite is true. The moment the trade went through this became a huge story line because the Bills were going to play the Eagles in Philly. Chip vs McCoy is how the game was sold in August... it's just disingenuous to argue otherwise.

To say it lost steam over the course of the year is an understatement. It's last gasp should have been the Bills/Eagles game. To have it discussed now it beating the bored horse.

Holy cow..

What on Earth could still be "hidden" regarding the Chip-McCoy story.

He should say "no comment" because absolutely no one cares anymore, if they ever did.

The holy cow should be reserved for the bolded. Clearly the evidence shows that plenty of people cared, and some still care. That's all I'm saying.

lesser talented how? The Eagles were quite talented and even more importantly, completely healthy vs a depleted Bills team. What does that have to do with the interview though?

He's comparing the coaches, so that's what it has to do with Rex. This team underperformed, you can use the injury excuse all you like. I was there to personally see Rex lose to Chipper, it wasn't pretty. Of course you can also believe Rex when he says that the problems with the defense are because he adjusted his scheme.

Holy cow..

Well, you're also severely underestimating over estimating the critical thinking skills/intelligence of the vast majority of the consuming audience who cares simply because the media is suggesting they should.

Edited by The Big Cat

Not in head to head :)

I was at the game. It was terribly frustrating. I don't think the Bills moved the ball past their own 30 for a good quarter and a half.

There was the one severe breakdown on defense (the 50+ TD on 2 & 28), but otherwise, the defense played great and good enough to win. This loss fell squarely on the offense, which was unique as far as 2015 losses went.

Edited by The Big Cat

Well, you're also severely underestimating over estimating the critical thinking skills/intelligence of the vast majority of the consuming audience who cares simply because the media is suggesting they should.

That's a cliché. I bet the majority of those listening to that interview wouldn't have cared if McCoy wasn't asked yet again about Chip Kelly.

It's the intelligence of the sports media we should question, not the average fan.

Edited by Mr. WEO