The Rob Ryan Poll to End All Polls Poll

FireChan

276 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve/like the Rob Ryan hire?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Does the Rob Ryan hire change your opinion of Rex?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Does the Rob Ryan hire change your prediction for next season?

• Yes
    • No

If you wanted to enrich discussion you would have added "I don't know yet" as an answer to each of your poll questions.

But, you seem to be in the business of dividing people and making them choose sides, so I'm not surprised you didn't.

To speculate. I think discussions get contentions when fans profess to know everything. I'm guilty of it too.

I responded the way I did because we could be in for a migraine of an offseason if we go in (as FireChan is wont to do) with guns blazing.

Bro, take a step back and realize you're complaining there isn't an "I don't know" option on a football message board poll, and that you're insinuating I have a conspiracy to divide folks into pro and anti Rob Ryan categories.

Here's a novel idea. If you don't have an opinion or don't care, don't vote and then just post that you don't know. Oh no! The flaw in my master plan!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro, take a step back and realize you're complaining there isn't an "I don't know" option on a football message board poll, and that you're insinuating I have a conspiracy to divide folks into pro and anti Rob Ryan categories.

Here's a novel idea. If you don't have an opinion or don't care, don't vote and then just post that you don't know. Oh no! The flaw in my master plan!

I didn't vote, bro.

If you wanted to enrich discussion you would have added "I don't know yet" as an answer to each of your poll questions.

But, you seem to be in the business of dividing people and making them choose sides, so I'm not surprised you didn't.

To speculate. I think discussions get contentions when fans profess to know everything. I'm guilty of it too.

I responded the way I did because we could be in for a migraine of an offseason if we go in (as FireChan is wont to do) with guns blazing.

I think this week is going to be interesting. I am going to go out on a limb and say by the end of the week or early next week Thurman is gone. Hopefully Crossman is shown the door as well. As for guns a blazin goes- we obviously were outcoached in many games last year. Anyone with a little bit of football IQ could see that. I could give 20 examples off the top of my head but we all know them. If Rex wants to keep coaching he will have to let go of the loyalty to his peeps and axe some people.

As for guns a blazin goes- we obviously were outcoached in many games last year. Anyone with a little bit of football IQ could see that. I could give 20 examples off the top of my head but we all know them. If Rex wants to keep coaching he will have to let go of the loyalty to his peeps and axe some people.

There is nothing obvious about that obtuse statement. I guess we can consider the guns blazing.

You monster. You won't get away with this. Down with the Rexourgeois! The Shwartzletariat will rise!

Seriously. Get a grip.

Rob Ryan has been hired four times as a DC. Obviously, he enjoys a decent reputation in the NFL. The NFL is very competitive - to stay employed as a DC for 11 straight years says something about how he's viewed by the league's HCs.

His results, however, have been mixed and often just plain bad. Hired four times, fired four times.

I think it's safe to say he knows a lot about NFL defenses. But is he a good teacher? A good tactician? I have no idea.

I'm curious what role he'll play. I'd be happier if he was hired as a position coach instead of given a vague title. Vague chains of command can be problematic.

And the nepotism thing bugs me. How is this perceived by the players? The coaching staff? Will Rex be able to hold his brother accountable?

I'll grant there's a possibility that this could all work out. But I voted no, no, no.

I think it's safe to say he knows a lot about NFL defenses. But is he a good teacher? A good tactician? I have no idea.

I'm curious what role he'll play. I'd be happier if he was hired as a position coach instead of given a vague title. Vague chains of command can be problematic.

And the nepotism thing bugs me. How is this perceived by the players? The coaching staff? Will Rex be able to hold his brother accountable?

this is pretty much exactly how i feel

is it because they're twins and share a brain, so rob allows rex to be in two places at once? (only half kidding) meaning: does rob know what rex knows/wants and can articulate it just as well/better so that rex can focus on other aspects of being an hc?

the nebulous title concerns me as well. i haven't the foggiest what dennis thurman did in 2015. i do know that after the bills posted middling offenses under chan gailey that nobody was calling for curtis modkin's job. but with the addition of rob, now i'm even more confused about what it is that thurman WILL be doing.

i can't pass judgement on any of these things because i don't have a damn clue. and these issues are important enough that i'm left almost entirely un-opininiated about the entire scenario, not knowing some very pertinent info.

There is nothing obvious about that obtuse statement. I guess we can consider the guns blazing.

Seriously. Get a grip.

The only thing obtuse is you. Seriously, lets grab a beer one day. I doubt you talk to me this way in person. We would probably get along just fine because you might be wise enough to realize that a guy who has been in multiple warzones, has seen combat, has 11 lives so far will have no patience for someone as harsh as you. Until that time consider yourself ignored, good day mate.

The only thing obtuse is you. Seriously, lets grab a beer one day. I doubt you talk to me this way in person. We would probably get along just fine because you might be wise enough to realize that a guy who has been in multiple warzones, has seen combat, has 11 lives so far will have no patience for someone as harsh as you. Until that time consider yourself ignored, good day mate.

The second part was directed at FireChan. You seem entirely reasonable and definitely beer worthy. Hope this passes the ignore filter.

Isn't it a little foolish to DECIDE these things in mid-January?

Why must we know definitively whether we YES like or NO dislike anything that's happening right now?

I think the reason you ask a question like this is the same reason they allow reporters in the locker room directly after games. If they waited until a day later the players would hold stuff back and change their opinions. You want the quick emotional response to get a gauge of the fans feelings now. If you wait a month and something else has taken the lead story in the Bill news the responses will be subdued.