Marvin Lewis

boyst

Burfict has also made 100 excellent plays and 4-5 total bonehead ones. They aren't in a position to win without him. That's a tradeoff I think I would have to make. But it's surely a trade off.

That's not the point. The point is, Lewis has to be accountable for when these guys act like idiots, because it's obvious to everyone that Burfict in particular, is a complete idiot. He went undrafted for a reason.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not the point. The point is, Lewis has to be accountable for when these guys act like idiots, because it's obvious to everyone that Burfict in particular, is a complete idiot. He went undrafted for a reason.

And he should have won rookie of the year and he did go to the Pro Bowl for a reason. That is precisely the point. The Bengals are a much better team with Burfict and his hothead than they are without him and his hothead. That's the trade off.

IMO there isn't anything that Lewis can do that will stop Burfict being a hothead, just as I think there is nothing Rex can do to stop Hughes. He was a hothead before Rex got here. After he was benched he actually committed more bad penalties the next year. It doesn't work.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

And yet IK didn't do anything untoward this season while playing for the Bills. He wasn't very good but he certainly wasn't a locker room issue or a bad actor at all in the red, white, and blue.

Back for more?

Let's talk about penalties Greggy. Remember when I predicted that the Bills would be ranked near the top? Remember when I said penalties will be a huge problem for this team? You suddenly stopped commenting on my posts (after stalking me), when it was obvious that penalties were ruining the Bills.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Back for more?

Let's talk about penalties Greggy. Remember when I predicted that the Bills would be ranked near the top? Remember when I said penalties will be a huge problem for this team? You suddenly stopped commenting on my posts (after stalking me), when it was obvious that penalties were ruining the Bills.

The Jets had a low number of penalties with Rex the last few years he was there. The Bills had more with Marrone than the Jets did with Rex.

And he should have won rookie of the year and he did go to the Pro Bowl for a reason. That is precisely the point. The Bengals are a much better team with Burfict and his hothead than they are without him and his hothead. That's the trade off.

IMO there isn't anything that Lewis can do that will stop Burfict being a hothead, just as I think there is nothing Rex can do to stop Hughes. He was a hothead before Rex got here. After he was benched he actually committed more bad penalties the next year. It doesn't work.

This isn't worth arguing about for me, all I need to point to is last nights game. If you can't see that those 2 idiots cost them their season, I can't help you, and we are polar opposites.

Back for more?

:lol: Sorry to disappoint you, but I stopped commenting on your posts because you stopped providing anything of substance. But it's nice to know I'm living rent free in your head.

The Jets had a low number of penalties with Rex the last few years he was there. The Bills had more with Marrone than the Jets did with Rex.

Details... :beer:

Yet somehow I knew after a couple games that these Bills were going to have huge problems with penalties. I already made my points in past threads. I was right, you guys were wrong, and Wrex was a FAIL this season..

Edited by HoF Watkins

This isn't worth arguing about for me, all I need to point to is last nights game. If you can't see that those 2 idiots cost them their season, I can't help you, and we are polar opposites.

Burfict did cost them the game. That's a fact. It's also a fact that his INT just before that was the reason they were ahead in the first place. So without him they probably don't win the game. And Pacman's was a more stupid penalty, if that was possible. Chances are the FG from 50 in those conditions was not going to be good. From 35 is a different story.

Yet somehow I knew after a couple games that these Bills were going to have huge problems with penalties. I already made my points in past threads. I was right, and you guys were wrong.

The point is that the guys getting all the penalties were getting the same penalties BEFORE Rex. Everyone of those guys getting unnecessary roughness and unsportsmanlike calls were that bad BEFORE Rex: Hughes, Woods, Aaron Williams, Bradham, Brooks, etc. Every single one of them had undiscipline problems before Rex was hired.

The point is that the guys getting all the penalties were getting the same penalties BEFORE Rex. Everyone of those guys getting unnecessary roughness and unsportsmanlike calls were that bad BEFORE Rex: Hughes, Woods, Aaron Williams, Bradham, Brooks, etc. Every single one of them had undiscipline problems before Rex was hired.

Yup. Never mind his original point was that Rex was too "trashy" and the Bills would be at the top of the league in penalties every year he was coach... so, it's a bit early to declare victory there but we know HoF has been WAITING all year to take a victory lap...

...Which is hilariously sad. :lol:

Burfict did cost them the game. That's a fact. It's also a fact that his INT just before that was the reason they were ahead in the first place. So without him they probably don't win the game. And Pacman's was a more stupid penalty, if that was possible. Chances are the FG from 50 in those conditions was not going to be good. From 35 is a different story.

So where was Clueless Lewis while Pacman was putting his hands on the ref and Porter?

So where was Clueless Lewis while Pacman was putting his hands on the ref and Porter?

I don't think Lewis is a good coach. I think I would have got rid of him years ago.

But I don't blame Lewis for Pacman being an idiot. I don't think Vince Lombardi could have stopped Pacman from being an idiot in that circumstance. If you are arguing that Pacman should not even be on the team because he makes the team worse overall, I'm not sure about that either way as I don't know how well he has played CB the last couple years with any specificity. I know the Bengals have been a better team with Burfict as well as his mental disease.

I don't think Lewis is a good coach. I think I would have got rid of him years ago.

But I don't blame Lewis for Pacman being an idiot. I don't think Vince Lombardi could have stopped Pacman from being an idiot in that circumstance. If you are arguing that Pacman should not even be on the team because he makes the team worse overall, I'm not sure about that either way as I don't know how well he has played CB the last couple years with any specificity. I know the Bengals have been a better team with Burfict as well as his mental disease.

I meant there was a lot of time after Brown was laid out for Lewis to see exactly what was happening with all those people milling about in an explosive situation. He should have been out there long before Porter, clearing his idiotic roster off the field.

Instead he was seen staring blankly at the jumbotron.

He is never going to win a playoff game as of that team. This cannot have been any more clear than he himself has made it.

I'll always remember what Ruben Brown said when the Bills were thinking of hiring Lewis. He called him whiney and said players hated playing for him (Brown played for him at Pitt). Ruben painted a really unflattering picture at the time, I think he's been proven right.

Marvin interviewed with the Bills years ago but stated out loud his reason was passing was the state of the school system for his kids. Apparently her never checked out the OPSD. Definitely not Hutch Tech.

Marvin interviewed with the Bills years ago but stated out loud his reason was passing was the state of the school system for his kids. Apparently her never checked out the OPSD. Definitely not Hutch Tech.

Bob freakin Lamb?! This is the second time in two days your name has arisen from the dead. Good to see you, dude.