Bills Named As One Of The Worst Teams At Managing The Cap.

:thumbsup:

The Bills put all their chips into 2015 to end the playoff drought...and didn't succeed. Reading the BN article of where they are relative to the cap ceiling and who they need to cut is disheartening.

And as Bill from NYC has noted, they've been very loose with resources the last 12 months. Now there's a price to pay for that.

People assume that the OBD wizards will figure it out, free up cap space, get the pieces for Rex's defense, keep Glenn and Incognito, then hit home runs in the draft. Based on previous years I'm not optimistic that'll happen.

And it's occurred without having to pay a QB major money. Last year few if any teams invested less financially in their QB's.

The 2015 Bills were like a government stimulus advertised as creating immediate results...that never did.

Shocking

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup:

The Bills put all their chips into 2015 to end the playoff drought...and didn't succeed. Reading the BN article of where they are relative to the cap ceiling and who they need to cut is disheartening.

And as Bill from NYC has noted, they've been very loose with resources the last 12 months. Now there's a price to pay for that.

People assume that the OBD wizards will figure it out, free up cap space, get the pieces for Rex's defense, keep Glenn and Incognito, then hit home runs in the draft. Based on previous years I'm not optimistic that'll happen.

And it's occurred without having to pay a QB major money. Last year few if any teams invested less financially in their QB's.

The 2015 Bills were like a government stimulus advertised as creating immediate results...that never did.

This is a excellent, rational presentation of the pessimist's POV.

But I'm not ready to play Chicken Little just yet. We don't know yet what contracts will be renegotiated. We don't know who the cap casualties will be. We don't which free agents we'll sign -or which FAs we'll fail to sign due to cap limitations. We don't know who we're going to draft and how much they'll contribute.

It just may be that the 53 who trot out onto the field in September 2016 will be better than the 53 who trotted out in September 2015. And if that's true, you can't say the Bills are inept at managing the cap.

I'm not passing judgment on OBD until I see more.

H8rs gonna hate. :lol:

Seriously, sometimes people care about making the playoffs. Those people, of which I'm one, demand accountability and not excuses after the longest post-season drought in North American professional sports. I question whether people like you are more interested in just being a happy fan ignorant of results than actually having a great team.

IMO, a fan should criticize a franchise when they continually are lapped by other average NFL teams.

Specifically, you've got teams like Arizona, Washington, Minnesota, Carolina, Seattle that are now post-season bound. You know, the teams who've rebuilt to varying degrees and were stuck in the mud in 2010 when your last rebuild under the previous GM began? Although this may be a new rebuild now that RR is aboard, I don't know anymore. :bag:

Sure there were silver linings this year. But there isn't a fan out there who, at the beginning of the season, would have been satisfied with being all but eliminated from the playoffs in week 14. No way.

All you do is crit

That is why mostly people read the first few words of your posts and then it drifts off into "bla bla bla"...........team sucks......"bla bla bla"

Like others have said.....you have NEVER made a positive post on this board.....ever......you must be a blast at the parties

Part of the problem is that they needed to go out and sign Mario because of serious lack of developing any pass rushers on their own at the time that they signed him. Same with Clay. The Bills had so neglected any kind of development of a TE that they needed to go out and overpay for Charles Clay.

Now releasing Mario will help get them back into shape, but restructuring Clay will still put him as one the top 3-4 cap numbers for a TE in the NFL.

Clay is worth the money. He was a major reason the run game was so good and the sideline pass game was good and he makes big plays. He will be even bigger next year when they let Taylor use the whole field more. Passes caught are less than half of the impact Clay makes.