The Glass Half Full Report

The Bills finished 8-8 this year. Almost all of the losses were attributable to things beyond the control of any Bills management, coaches or players. Assuming the NFL fixes its officiating bias against the Bills and that no Bills players get injured next year, 19-0 and a Super Bowl championship are very real possibilities. Here are some of the reasons the 8-8 glass is half full:

1. The Bills swept the Jets and Dolphins. The Patriots were not able to sweep either team. Ergo the Bills are clearly better than the Patriots
  2. The Bills lost games to the Giants and Jaguars. No one seriously thinks the Jaguars or Titans are better than the Bills. Getting a normal outcome on that would have made the Bills 10-6 and playoff bound in 2015
  3. The Bills beat America's team to finally avenge the Super Bowl losses to the Cowboys. Some Bills players think their Super Bowl was in week 17, but us old timers know the real Bills Super Bowl was in week 16. If we can win the week 16 Super Bowl, we can win the week 20 Super Bowl.
  4. The top NFC west teams will likely lose players to free agency, and they have crappy draft positions. They will certainly be worse in 2016 than the 2015 NFC east teams
  5. Mario Williams didn't contribute anything in 2015. Not only will we save a huge amount on his salary, any street free agent or rookie draft pick is certain to outperform Mario in 2016
  6. Kyle Williams will be back. He will be well rested and should return to 2014 form for sure
  7. With Kyle back, and the Mario dead wood gone, Rex will be able to return Marcell Dareus to 2014 form for sure.
  8. Jerry Hughes is incredible. Now that he will be outside of Mario's shadow he will stop making bad penalties (plus the ref's will be fairer in 2016)
  9. Now that Mario is gone, the 3 remaining Amigos and Mario's replacement will dominate the NFL they way we expected the 2015 front four too (we just didn't know Mario was going to suck)
  10. We will draft a linebacker that will dramatically improve that unit
  11. Aaron Williams will be back and rested and will probably make the Pro Bowl
  12. Now that Mario will be cut, the teams talent level in 2016 will have to be better than in 2015. He sucked.
  13. Tyrod Taylor has show after only 14 starts that he is on the verge of being one of the NFL's great QBs. Once he learns how to read the whole field, and reduces his league worse release time to even average levels, he should easily be one of the leagues true elite QBs.
  14. LeSean McCoy doesn't age. He is one of the best RBs in the league and shows no signs of slowing down. He even took a few games off in 2015 to be sure he was well rested heading into next season
  15. Charles Clay will certainly restructure his contract to reflect his actual production. This will free up money to improve many other positions
  16. Sammy and Woods will be joined by a draft pick who likely be as good as OBJ in 2016. With Taylor now an elite QB, this group will be unstoppable. Plus don't forget Whaley signed Leonard Hankerson.
  17. Once Glenn and Incognito get big raises, they will be much better players in 2016
  18. Special teams were very poor in 2015, the odds say they will have to get better in 2016
  19. Rex Ryan made the championship game in his second season as HC with the Jets. This will be his second season with the Bills. He will get it done
  20. Doug Whaley will be with the Bills for his 7th off season this year. Does anyone really think a true genius like Whaley would be denied the playoffs in 7 straight years. Its almost impossible to believe he was denied the first 6 years.

Playoffs are guaranteed next year, with just a lucky couple of bounces we should go undefeated and win it all!

Edited by PlayoffsPlease

You lost me after:

"Almost all of the losses were attributable to things beyond the control of any Bills management, coaches or players."

Really?

Edit: just saw your other thread. Now I got ya.

Edited by WotAGuy

You lost me after:

"Almost all of the losses were attributable to things beyond the control of any Bills management, coaches or players."

Really?

Edit: just saw your other thread. Now I got ya.

You must be new here. Bills losses are all related to injuries and bad calls. Missed opportunities in the draft are always due to " A GM can't be right all the time".

You may be more interested in my glass half empty post http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/184321-the-glass-half-empty-report/

I know you are being sarcastic.... but we beat the Titans...

I know you are being sarcastic.... but we beat the Titans...

I can't focus on actual facts and be positive at the same time. Thanks for the correction though. The win over the Titans was epic, I don't know how I forgot that. It avenged the Music City Miracle too.