Chris Mortenson NFL Insider

• Stage 0. This stage describes cancer in situ, which means “in place.” Stage 0 cancers are still located in the place they started and have not spread to nearby tissues. This stage of cancer is often highly curable, usually by removing the entire tumor with surgery.

• Stage I. This stage is usually a small cancer or tumor that has not grown deeply into nearby tissues. It also has not spread to the lymph nodes or other parts of the body. It is often called early-stage cancer.

Stage II and III. These stages indicate larger cancers or tumors that have grown more deeply into nearby tissue. They may have also spread to lymph nodes but not to other parts of the body.

Stage IV. This stage means that the cancer has spread to other organs or parts of the body. It may also be called advanced or metastatic cancer.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have the medical records been posted? Probably not which means somebody is not doing their job.

My sympathy for reporters' medical issues went out when they started using 'inside' information to post medical information which is was released by person with direct access would be illegal. This is not like an insider posting corruption hidden by corporations or government but more similar to paparazzi stalking.

Now the his doctors get to be the insider.

WHAT?

Laughable. Cures don't make money. Treatment for life does. Is it not strange that these so called "treatments" almost always result in the cancer returning at some point, typically worse than before?

The "cure" starts with what you put in your body everyday and what you do with your body everyday(diet and exercise). There is no way to eliminate cancer, all people have cancerous cells in their body, but they are typically handled by the immune system. All you can do is minimize your risk, which is part genetic but also highly influenced by other things---far more than most people realize. But it's always easier to blame "genetics" than take a good hard look in the mirror.

If you have a 30% base chance genetically to get cancer you can either increase your chance via diet and exercise to say 50% or you can decrease it to maybe 10%. You can't eliminate it, but there are a lot of people who get cancer that didn't need to get it if they simply took care of themselves better for the decades prior. Most cases later in life don't simply appear one day, they've been decades in the making.

You've lost your brain. There's money to be made in a cure especially as you say everyone has the cells in their body.

You don't think medicine has cured anything? I guess the government is hiding aliens too, right?

But as you say - no cure needed if you just eat right. Wow, laughable.

Edited by Triple Threat

This is horrible news. Have been getting reports from mort for what seems like forever. He seems almost like a personal acquaintance. His voice is etched in my mind and I can hear it on call.

Let's hope it can be controlled and he and his friends and family fight hard.