Belichick Indirectly Takes a Shot at McCoy?

Vinaccia

That is the apologist spin.

But, McCoy wasn't great when he was healthy.

He wasn't bad.....but by the standards of a supposed "elite" RB who just got a fat new contract.......895 yards, 4.4 ypc and a measly 3 rushing TD's is a poor, disappointing season..............and he was the least effective back of he and two 5th rounders.....one who has been released by two other teams.

In truth, this is his third season in the past four that he's averaged between 4.2-4.4 ypc........not great for finesse game back.

You're like a politician who just takes part of a statement and runs with it. Jackson , Maclin and McCoy had good seasons. Chip Kelly was fired because he got rid of these players and replaced them with lesser players.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're like a politician who just takes part of a statement and runs with it. Jackson , Maclin and McCoy had good seasons. Chip Kelly was fired because he got rid of these players and replaced them with lesser players.

Jackson is 72nd in the NFL in receiving yards. Yeah, good season. :rolleyes:

I cut that piece out because THAT was the point you were trying to slip into your otherwise unsupported take.

If it's taken out of context, you are welcome to explain yourself.

Jackson is 72nd in the NFL in receiving yards. Yeah, good season. :rolleyes:

I cut that piece out because THAT was the point you were trying to slip into your otherwise unsupported take.

If it's taken out of context, you are welcome to explain yourself.

Jackson led the league last year in ypc (21 ypc) and he had almost 1200 yards. They certainly could have used him last year, especially when Sanchez took over the qb duties. Jackson has been playing pretty well this season lately too.

The guy is a complete thug and I don't like him, but he can play. Losing him made the Eagles worse.

(Plus we freakin' took James Hardy -- even more of a thug! -- ahead of him.)

Edited by dave mcbride

Jackson led the league last year in ypc (21 ypc) and he had almost 1200 yards. They certainly could have used him last year, especially when Sanchez took over the qb duties. Jackson has been playing pretty well this season lately too.

The guy is a complete thug and I don't like him, but he can play. Losing him made the Eagles worse.

(Plus we freakin' took James Hardy -- even more of a thug! -- ahead of him.)

I don't think anyone could believe it when they cut DeSean Jackson.

But then Maclin went from an OK 800 yard type receiver with injury issues for Andy Reid......... to a 1300 yard 10 TD guy for Kelly.

As good as Jackson was in 2014.......Maclin did a good job replacing him.

Maclin is having a good year but in all fairness he did even better under Kelly.

Incredibly, that's pretty much the case with almost all of the guys Kelly let go.

I couldn't care less about what happens to Kelly (now that the U already has a HC).......but the word is that he wasn't fired for the decisions he had made.......he was fired because he refused to let Lurie change the personnel department this offseason.

People assume that it's a talent exchange issue.........but as Eagle fans well know......Lurie does not throw money around.

During the McNabb era that organization was no less cheap than Ralph....routinely competing while being 10's of millions below the cap.......they were just well coached and good at replacing players.

I think Lurie and his cap guru blew a great window of opportunity by not finishing off their roster during those years where they were so close.

Serves him right if they never get close again. :thumbsup:

McCoy had moments but in general he had a poor season. Jackson has also had a rough year. I get the apologizing for McCoy because he is getting a celebrity bye from star starved Bills fans but why pretend DeSean Jackson is having a good year?

Jackson has been hurt and I would say that Washington's offense looks waaaay better with him in the lineup.