perhaps it's wishful thinking

eball

...the official end of the patriots' hex over the buffalo bills. the pats may still have the better team next year, but there will be no more ridiculous bledsoe v. belichick buildup each time they meet. no more (legitimate) concerns that the pats' coach is in our QB's head. i don't think this point can be overstated.

if nothing else, the move was a good one for that reason alone.

I do agree. With Bledsoe as our QB, NE fans gloated about their "guaranteed" two wins a year against Buffalo. Losman is an unknown entity to them (and to us) and *may* benefit from the same kind of advantage that a pitcher in baseball has when he faces an opponent for the first time.

Also, the only QB since Kelly with a winning record also wore #7.

Time will tell if he's the real deal or another Buffalo Bills QB with a 10¢ head.

I'm on board with this as well. The Pats 'greatness' is their discipline and commitment. Fiedler/Feely, Pennington and Bledsoe's pocket play, played right into these strengths. Losman can and will break pocket, get outside and force the D to scramble and breakdown. Vick/Atlanta play NE next year too. Bellichek (a jike with the wrong personnel in Cleveland) is studious, but we haven't seen them be willing to drop their commitments, and this intangible may well become their undoing.

Call me a 'half full glass' kind of guy, but I really think the Bills can win the Division next year!

I'm on board with this as well. The Pats 'greatness' is their discipline and commitment. Fiedler/Feely, Pennington and Bledsoe's pocket play, played right into these strengths. Losman can and will break pocket, get outside and force the D to scramble and breakdown. Vick/Atlanta play NE next year too. Bellichek (a jike with the wrong personnel in Cleveland) is studious, but we haven't seen them be willing to drop their commitments, and this intangible may well become their undoing.

Call me a 'half full glass' kind of guy, but I really think the Bills can win the Division next year!

243053[/snapback]

NE switched their whole freaking D around to keep McNabb in check! All this in under two weeks! To a D that they haven't run since the preseason and one the players were a little uncomfortable at first going to!

Seems Crennel held McNabb pretty well... Oh well, at least Romeo is "void" for next year. :):lol:

:)

Expect Hollywood Donahue here within 3 hrs after seeing this thread!  :)

243056[/snapback]

:):lol:

I expect TD to pull off somekind of coup this offseason at QB to quell the queezy feeling me and all the other DB lovers are feeling!

Without it, how can Hollywood Donahue keep that screen name?

Could it be "Saving Face Donahue?"

:lol:

I actually think Losman will be given the reins to QB this team in the best of all worlds.

1. Highly ranked D

2. Highly ranked ST

3. A chance to play Willis 16 games instead of 12

4. A NE team that just lost its OC, DC and will soon lose its best CB

5. A schedule that looks no tougher than last year's 8th toughest

6. An O line with another year of tutelage from McNally

7. And most importantly, a coaching staff going into its 2nd year

The back breaking penalties have to stop (11 in the Pitt game!)

If they do, then the only question mark is the QB.

If they treat Losman like Roethlisberger and keep him in a conservative

mode, playoffs are not only possible, but likely.

243053[/snapback]

Umm, actually, my Dolphins, and Feely didn't exactly play into this plan. See, he actually beat the Pats. Did a decent job on offense, got points up when he needed to, and more importantly, let the defense knock around Tom Brady. Force him to throw the ball, force him, and he makes bad decisions.

NE switched their whole freaking D around to keep McNabb in check!  All this in under two weeks!  To a D that they haven't run since the preseason and one the players were a little uncomfortable at first going to!

Seems Crennel held McNabb pretty well... Oh well, at least Romeo is "void" for next year. <_<  <_<

:devil:

243058[/snapback]

They didn't have Willis Magehee in the backfield

...the official end of the patriots' hex over the buffalo bills.  the pats may still have the better team next year, but there will be no more ridiculous bledsoe v. belichick buildup each time they meet.  no more (legitimate) concerns that the pats' coach is in our QB's head.  i don't think this point can be overstated.

if nothing else, the move was a good one for that reason alone.

243038[/snapback]

Gee, I said the same thing in another thread and caught hell from Alaska Darin for that. You must be special for escaping unscathed