"The Super Bowl is next week"

Mr. WEO

What do you expect them to say?

"We'll just show up and play out the string because it's in our contracts. We don't care if the Jets beat us by 50."

The Bills are out of the playoffs and they can take the Jets with them. I don't see how that isn't a motivating factor for these guys.

Something other than comparing this game to the Super Bowl, perhaps. It's ridiculous, in fact the most ridiculous thing he could have said about the importance of this game.

If these guys couldn't get properly motivated to beat teams like the Eagles, Jax and Skins (when their OWN playoff hopes were the important factor), you think any of them really care if the Jets don't make the playoffs?

These guys do not care about being spoilers, why would they at this point? Half of them are going to be in the whirlpool anyway. I can't believe any NFL player actually says to himself and his team mates---hey, let's knock this team out of the playoffs (HELL YEAH!!). I'm sure they would rather win than lose at home but the role of spoiler adds zero motivation.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who don't think Boobie Dixon is a leader, you might want to pay attention. At least someone is speaking up and trying to motivate the fans. This alone would impress me if I was a coach.

I don't think FAN motivation is the problem with this team, or worthy of a player's time and effort.

We just barely skated by a horrendous bunch of Dallas Cowboy backups in probably the most hideous game ive witnessed in some time.

Boobie and anyone else needs to shut the hell up, because the results will not be the same. We and Rex will get absolutely embarrassed this week, and we will get exposed for the frauds we naturally are...

A superbowl where our prize is .500 and still finishing worse than our coaches old team?

I'm sorry, we are losers no matter what

^^^This. Exactly this.

It's sad when fans are more emotionally invested in a team than the players and coaches themselves. I have nothing against Dixon personally, but the quote is a perfect example of a player not understanding that after 16 years of this crap, nobody wants to talk about silver linings or intriguing subplots about games without any playoff implications for the Bills.

If that were true why would anyone show up for the game? Looked like a full house yesterday.

I wonder how many of the fans that paid full price would have purchased tickets and showed up if they hadn't already sunk that cost? The Jets game offers an excellent chance at resale (which the Dallas game certainly did not) so the percentage of Jets fans should be a much better indication of how fans feel.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000611057/article/boobie-dixon-playing-jets-spoiler-is-our-super-bowl

Boobie says the Jets game is the Bills SB.

"I know we're gonna have a lot of guys jacked. We already know what's on the line."

Uhhh...what?

Know what it means when the last game of the season is your teams SB?

It means you missed the playoffs....again.

What's on the line?

-if the Bills lose, they won't have a winning record and will be 3rd in the division

-if the Bills win, they won't have a winning record and will be 3rd in the division.

I think the only thing that's really on the line is whether Rex and his Big Mouth that told us "get ready (for playoffs) 'cuz we're going" is

-doubly shown up by his old team, because they have a better record and much stronger D with the same DL and LB

-triply shown up by his old team, because they have a better record, stronger D, and left bootprints on our backs on the way to the playoffs he promised us

Edited by Hopeful