The Bill's Achiles' Heel- a Defense that Can't Match up

jethro_tull

I am sick and tired of watching big athletic TEs get behind the Bills' LBs and then just run over the small DBs in the secondary.

The LBs are not athletic enough for coverage. The DBs are too small to stop a charging TE. This has been a match up issue that other teams have exploited all season long- beginning with the Patriots' Rob Gronkoswki and most recently with the Redskins Jordan Reed who ran over the Bills DBs without much trouble.

In between there was the Bengal's Tyler Eifert and the Chief's Travis Kelce who shredded the Bills for 69 critical drive saving yards and a TD.

This week it will be Jason Whitten, whom even Kellen Moore should be able to get the ball to.

Unfortunately this is not an easy fix- you can't do it with schemes and coaching.

The players that can do this are not on the Bills roster.

A glaring failure of the front office to properly field a defense that can match-up and be competitive with the best in our division, conference and league.

Not many people can shut down big fast TEs. We shut gronk down the second game. AW usually covers the TE and he was injured. Our second best guy to cover TEs Nigel Bradham also got injured.

we have players at every level of defense that don't know what is going on half the time. I'm pretty sure this has been covered in one of the 25 Mario sucks, the scheme sucks, or whatever player is complaining today threads

It's gonna be pretty interesting to see how the d will play this weekend. I would imagine they would be pumped and ready to try to prove themselves a good d. Hope the coaching puts them in position. Man up guys!

Bills 28

boys 17

I think that answer comes with the 1st round pick......either a athletic monster LB or a big crushing safety who can cover

I'd love to see them go this way- actually each way with the first two picks hopefully trading down if possible.

But man, I know Roby has his moments in coverage but at 5' 8 165 he gets pancaked by TEs, RBs and bigger receivers.

I am sick and tired of watching big athletic TEs get behind the Bills' LBs and then just run over the small DBs in the secondary.

The LBs are not athletic enough for coverage. The DBs are too small to stop a charging TE. This has been a match up issue that other teams have exploited all season long- beginning with the Patriots' Rob Gronkoswki and most recently with the Redskins Jordan Reed who ran over the Bills DBs without much trouble.

In between there was the Bengal's Tyler Eifert and the Chief's Travis Kelce who shredded the Bills for 69 critical drive saving yards and a TD.

This week it will be Jason Whitten, whom even Kellen Moore should be able to get the ball to.

Unfortunately this is not an easy fix- you can't do it with schemes and coaching.

The players that can do this are not on the Bills roster.

A glaring failure of the front office to properly field a defense that can match-up and be competitive with the best in our division, conference and league.

how did Gronk do ? second game ?

I'd love to see them go this way- actually each way with the first two picks hopefully trading down if possible.

But man, I know Roby has his moments in coverage but at 5' 8 165 he gets pancaked by TEs, RBs and bigger receivers.

When Robey ends up on aTE you know Bills missed the playcall.

and yes i too have seen it.

That's on the play calling.