Bledsoe Transcript - Classy

Yoho

After reading the Bledsoe transcript on the Bills site, I retain a great deal of respect for Bledsoe's character (not necessarily his quarterbacking ability). He was surprised, disappointed and disagreed with the decision but in the end he did it with nothing but class.

I remember a few instances here where people got let go from their job and there was usually quite a bit of carping and whining involved. I am sure if you had a job for 10 years and were replaced by some kid with a bachelors degree and no experience you would find fault with the decision.

So, thank you Drew for trying hard and being loyal to the Bills. Sorry it did not work out and thanks for acting like a classy veteran right to the end. If only some of the posters here could show 10% of such class, the board would be a better place.

I especially appreciate the fact that he will be rooting for the Bills to win a Super Bowl. He did not need to say that. We could all learn a little from his reaction.

On if he saw this move coming:

I guess I didn't to be honest with you. I really felt like with what we accomplished after starting out going 0-4 then to get back and get a bunch of wins in a row, I really didn't see it coming. I was really shocked when in the first conversation I had with Mike (Mularkey) he said he was going to try to make a decision; I didn't even see that there was going to be a chance for this happening. So it really was a shock to me, no question.

:huh:

And your point is.......?

242712[/snapback]

A friend from another board:

Originally Posted by Billsman

"When I learned that JP was going to be the starter" Drew said, "I was beside myself, I was upset, I was angry". "I can't understad their point of view" in the starting of JP.

SL:

He's a moron to the very end.

After reading the Bledsoe transcript on the Bills site, I retain a great deal of respect for Bledsoe's character (not necessarily his quarterbacking ability).  He was surprised, disappointed and disagreed with the decision but in the end he did it with nothing but class.

I remember a few instances here where people got let go from their job and there was usually quite a bit of carping and whining involved.  I am sure if you had a job for 10 years and were replaced by some kid with a bachelors degree and no experience you would find fault with the decision.

So, thank you Drew for trying hard and being loyal to the Bills.  Sorry it did not work out and thanks for acting like a classy veteran right to the end.  If only some of the posters here could show 10% of such class, the board would be a better place. 

I especially appreciate the fact that he will be rooting for the Bills to win a Super Bowl.  He did not need to say that. We could all learn a little from his reaction.

242704[/snapback]

To be honest I just read it also and some of the comments I'm surprised about. He said He was "shocked" and that he never "Saw it coming" Note to Drew: Look at your won loss record, who and when you lost those games and was a decision you made during the game so bad that it was to much to overcome as a team, and also look at your passer rating. The other thing was why does he have to throw sour grapes at JP? When asked a couple of times if he thought JP had what it takes he ignored the question as to say everything but a flat "no." A large ego just crashed in Buffalo. Their seems to be some immature jealousy in a guy who I rooted for.

242719[/snapback]

That is why I made the point about being replaced by an inexperienced guy with a B.A. degree.

Say, you work for a company in sales, over the 2nd half of last year, the team you were in charge of had an exceptional sales record. The last month was disappointing but your company was in the trade press as an up and coming team. One day your boss calls you and says we are replacing with you this hot kid out of college. While you led the team, we really think it was the rest of the team that carried you. Do you say, oh geesh, I guess you are right, I was the weak link, or do you say, wait a second, I did what you asked, I let the rest of the team lead the way and now you are canning me.

What I liked about Drew's comments is that he could have easily taken shots at Bills management, fans and team. He did not do any of the above.

interesting,though, that they left off the "particularly JP" comment.

242776[/snapback]

I find that interesting too. Drew has always been a stand up guy without bitterness. I'm concerned about that statement in that even though Drew won't be here he doesn't feel that JP is anywhere ready to start.

:)

242719[/snapback]

That is okay he is human. I take he had those feelings in private? Of course he is going be emotional about it. He didn't carry that anger into the limelight. A very class act.

Kind of a double edge sword with such a personality?

That is okay he is human.  I take he had those feelings in private?  Of course he is going be emotional about it.  He didn't carry that anger into the limelight.  A very class act.

Kind of a double edge sword with such a personality?

243075[/snapback]

Drew or Spiked?

i'm sorry, but drew thinks he is an intelligent speaker, he tries to sound classy, but that speech was chocked full of innuendo and cheap shots, coated with powdered sugar. the guy is so dillusional as to his importance of success of this team and his ability as a player. here's some examples:

I don't know where I am going to land but it will be someplace, and you will see me on the field next year playing for somebody and going forward with my career with that team. The one and only goal that I have is to win a World Championship.

maybe, first you gotta find a team, then you have to be given the starters job, then you have to go out and make that team better. i don't think so but we'll see.

There is no doubt in my mind that coming out of last season and going into next season that the best option for the Bills to go forward in pursuit of a Championship was with me at quarterback.

why?...what possible play by DB could make his think this....that there is not one other qb who is or might become available who could take our team to the next level??? and as for JP....drew p0layed like a friggin rookie last year, at least JP has a year under his belt.

On how difficult next season will be for JP Losman:

He is going to have the benefit of a defense that is going to play great for him and the Bills are going to have a very strong running game. Willis is going to be back at full strength and with a couple of changes in the offensive line probably, they will still have a good offensive line. JP is going to have a lot of help. He is going to have that defense setting him up like they did for us during that stretch last year when we won a bunch of games. I am sure that they will design an offense that is going to allow him to get out and run around. I don't think he is going to run the same offense that I ran, that wouldn't make much sense. I think they will probably let him run around and use his feet a little bit. It is going to be a challenge for him and it is going to be a big challenge for the team.

simple, no support at all to the abilities of jp, and dillusional in his implication that things would be different if he were going to be the qb.

On why there wasn't a chance to compete for the job:

Mike (Mularkey's) feeling was that he wanted to make the decision now and have it set. Probably the reason is because the offense is going to be different with JP than it was with me, and I think he wanted to clarify that early.

uhhh....cuz you force their hand by refusing to be a backup.

On where things went awry in Buffalo after his first year:

The team decided to go into a different direction after my first year here. Peerless Price, Jay Riemersma, and Larry Centers all went away and that was 60% of our passing offense. Eric Moulds got hurt in the second year and he was our number one guy, and then this last year we decided to go with a power running attack. I also happened to play in my worst season ever weather-wise last year, so the numbers just weren't going to be the same. It was an organizational shift. When I first got there we were an offensive team that struggled defensively, and then the emphasis switched to defense, and our defense is outstanding, no question. As far as the numbers go, it was an organizational shift and how the Bills chose to approach it after that.

oh my god...i mean, oh my god....is this really the guy at qb for the bills the past three years? excuses, excuses, excuses. right drew, none of it was your terrible play, bad decisions, fumbles, ints. COME ON!

On if JP has what it takes to be successful in this League:

Like I said, he is going to have the benefit of a very good team around him. The Bills are going to run the ball effectively and they are going to have a defense that is going to play great for them and really started to turn the ball over for us last year. He is going to have the benefit of all of those things, and that is going to make his life easier.

again, in his mind, jp has all the tools so if he is successful where i failed it is because of the team around him. i wasn't given any kind of talent, that's why i blew.

I didn't even see that there was going to be a chance for this happening. So it really was a shock to me, no question.

how many more times can i type dillusional???

personally, i wish drew would have been classy, remebering the millions upon millions of dollars that the bills have givin him and sit back and be a mentor to JP. there is always a (sometimes good) chance that he could have found the field again and proven everyone wrong. he ran like a scared little kid. if he runs back to parcells that will be even more proof to me that he's a wuss and knows he cant be successful without parcells breathing down his neck.

he spoke well and dipped his words in honey, but CLASSY was not what i got out of that speech.

Excellent post pm.

I couldn't agree with you more!

All of my respect for DB evaporated after listening to his speech - most prominently with the "particularly not JP" statement. Classy??? Definitely not.

Classy people do not denigrate others.