Gamers, need some advice on XboxOne

The Poojer

gonna get one for christmas for the Poojer progeny....is there REALLY any advantage to the Elite over the regular? I understand about the upgraded controller, the SSHD, the 1TB storage. But is it REALLY worth all that extra money? The progeny aren't huge gamers. Just not sure if it's worth the extra $200. Thoughts?

We bought the XBoxOne last year and it does everything we need and more. Great graphics, speed, really fun.

If you're not a gamer (I'm not like some guys) you can have a lot of fun with Madden, and sports games.

But if you want to have a great time, get "Fallout". In fact, I'd start with Fallout 3, then go to Fallout New Vegas and then get the latest one. We haven't gotten Fallout 4 yet (but I expect my son will be addressing that on his list to Santa...and he's 18).

Other good game: Call of Duty , Black Ops

We bought the XBoxOne last year and it does everything we need and more. Great graphics, speed, really fun.

If you're not a gamer (I'm not like some guys) you can have a lot of fun with Madden, and sports games.

But if you want to have a great time, get "Fallout". In fact, I'd start with Fallout 3, then go to Fallout New Vegas and then get the latest one. We haven't gotten Fallout 4 yet (but I expect my son will be addressing that on his list to Santa...and he's 18).

Other good game: Call of Duty , Black Ops

I'm thinking of doing this too.

Will XBox 360 games work on XBOX 1 and is there really a need to go 1T over 500G?

Family wish list

Fallout 4, Gears of War (latest) and Halo

Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas are already conquered on XBox 360

Edited by NOVABillsFan

Xbox is releasing more backwards compatible games each month, right now there are about 100, it will catch up soon. allegedly..

Will XBox 360 games work on XBOX 1 and is there really a need to go 1T over 500G?

Family wish list

sorry if i wasn't clear...the xbox one is slowly bringing the 360 games playable on the one. no idea if that means they ALL will be, but i assume the bigger titles will be newly compatible on the One

http://en.yibada.com/articles/93076/20151209/xbox-one-backwards-compatibility.htm

how does that help with the 360 games I already have? Software patch ?

nothing wrong with both units hooked up to the TV I guess

how does that help with the 360 games I already have? Software patch ?

nothing wrong with both units hooked up to the TV I guess

have tried it yet, but got an email from Xbox saying you can now play your old 360 games on the one....patch was probably in one of the recent updates, supposedly just put'em in and play.

The extra money comes from the Elite Controller which has buttons that can be moved around and changed. If you don't play games that much, then you really don't need it. It also has a hybrid drive which supposedly makes it boot faster if you are interested in that

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-1TB-Elite-Console-Bundle/dp/B014PZTAME/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1449923063&sr=1-1&keywords=xbox+one+elite

That Elite controller costs $149.99 retail which is why it boosts the price of the Elite Bundle.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Elite-Wireless-Controller/dp/B00ZDNNRB8/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1449923138&sr=1-1&keywords=xbox+one+elite+controller

This one has Fallout 4 with it if you are interested: (Edit: I should add this one doesn't include Kinect. Not sure if you are interested in that or not)

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-TB-Console-Fallout-Bundle/dp/B015TL6PGM/ref=sr_1_5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1449923063&sr=1-5&keywords=xbox+one+elite (Edit: Yuck don't buy 3rd party on Amazon)

Or this one (also 1 tb) which includes 3 games, and is cheaper at $349 (Edit: I should add this one doesn't include Kinect. Not sure if you are interested in that or not)

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-1TB-Console-Holiday-Ultimate/dp/B015TL6PCQ/ref=sr_1_8?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1449923063&sr=1-8&keywords=xbox+one+elite

There are bundles all over the place, find one that includes a game you like, and go to town Christmas morning :beer:

have tried it yet, but got an email from Xbox saying you can now play your old 360 games on the one....patch was probably in one of the recent updates, supposedly just put'em in and play.

You put the disc in, and it downloads the game from Microsoft, and plays it through that version. It only uses the disc to confirm you own the game. Digital games can be redownloaded onto the Xbox One through Microsoft, but not all games are available yet. Slowly but surely they are adding more, but I guess they have to get permission from the people who made/own/published the game.

Edited by What a Tuel

thanks man, very helpful. we have kinect already. I figured the cost was in the fancy schmancy controller, doesn't seem worth it. My son has a 15% coupon from target, plus his employee discount, so we will probably get the regular xbox one and i already have a couple 1tb drives. thanks to everyone.

The extra money comes from the Elite Controller which has buttons that can be moved around and changed. If you don't play games that much, then you really don't need it. It also has a hybrid drive which supposedly makes it boot faster if you are interested in that

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-1TB-Elite-Console-Bundle/dp/B014PZTAME/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1449923063&sr=1-1&keywords=xbox+one+elite

That Elite controller costs $149.99 retail which is why it boosts the price of the Elite Bundle.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Elite-Wireless-Controller/dp/B00ZDNNRB8/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1449923138&sr=1-1&keywords=xbox+one+elite+controller

This one has Fallout 4 with it if you are interested: (Edit: I should add this one doesn't include Kinect. Not sure if you are interested in that or not)

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-TB-Console-Fallout-Bundle/dp/B015TL6PGM/ref=sr_1_5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1449923063&sr=1-5&keywords=xbox+one+elite (Edit: Yuck don't buy 3rd party on Amazon)

Or this one (also 1 tb) which includes 3 games, and is cheaper at $349 (Edit: I should add this one doesn't include Kinect. Not sure if you are interested in that or not)

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-1TB-Console-Holiday-Ultimate/dp/B015TL6PCQ/ref=sr_1_8?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1449923063&sr=1-8&keywords=xbox+one+elite

There are bundles all over the place, find one that includes a game you like, and go to town Christmas morning :beer:

You put the disc in, and it downloads the game from Microsoft, and plays it through that version. It only uses the disc to confirm you own the game. Digital games can be redownloaded onto the Xbox One through Microsoft, but not all games are available yet. Slowly but surely they are adding more, but I guess they have to get permission from the people who made/own/published the game.

Family wish list

There's a bundle with the new Gears of War game. I got the 500G with this but I got it free through bank points. Not a huge gamer so not worried about the space but it's pretty awesome. Hulu and Netflix play full screen on my 55 in tv and that was a huge plus. My 360 wouldn't go full screen and had the black bars above and below the picture which annoyed the hell out of me.

i appear to be in the minority here (although I didn't read the last few posts) but I do believe it is worth the money. Everything I've heard about the controller ($150 by itself) is that is the best controller made to date, period. It is supposed to be the real deal if he is into gaming. The SSD will run games smoother and install them faster than the normal drive. 1 TB is going to be necessary if he plays more than 6-7 games. Every game has to be installed to the hard drive to be played and unless he keeps up with deleting games he doesn't play/have he will run out of room. I know a lot of people that had that problem on the 500 GB verison. Also keep in mind, and I know you're into technology so you probably know, but ~200 GB will be taken already out of the box. I could be a little off on that estimate but it's a high figure if I'm wrong.

So yes, it is quite a bit more but I do see the value for the price difference. If he will use all the benefits that it provides it's a no brainer, but not everyone will find that it's necessary for them.

thanks man, very helpful. we have kinect already. I figured the cost was in the fancy schmancy controller, doesn't seem worth it. My son has a 15% coupon from target, plus his employee discount, so we will probably get the regular xbox one and i already have a couple 1tb drives. thanks to everyone.

Just a heads up, your Kinect for the 360 is not the same as the Kinect for the One. They are different versions and not interchangeable.

As far as the Elite controller goes, I can attest that it's the best controller I've ever used. That being said, most people probably won't need it as it's geared towards the hardcore.

thanks dude....my boys bought the xbox one...the kinect seems to be put away as well as the 360, i haven't heard any complaints yet... :-)

Just a heads up, your Kinect for the 360 is not the same as the Kinect for the One. They are different versions and not interchangeable.

As far as the Elite controller goes, I can attest that it's the best controller I've ever used. That being said, most people probably won't need it as it's geared towards the hardcore.

The install footprints are getting larger; 500 GB isn't enough.

You could get a 500 GB model and get a 1TB external (which may be faster than the 5600 RPM drive in the console).

I was in Best Buy and got a 1TB drive XBOX with Gears of War (also w/ Rare Replay assortment and Ori and the Blind Forest) for $349.

Purchased a second controller, along with Fallout 4, Halo5 and call of Duty (buy 2 get one free).

the man in blue said 500 G will hold about 6 games, the 1T (obviously) 12